forum

Happy Birthday, %username% ! :D [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
I have an idea! You can make a forum, and perhaps the game to congratulate the players on his birthday. Since we have recorded a lot of people congratulating everybody not necessary, because the main forum page would be littered with players nicknames. There are three ideas on how to select the "elite" players:
1) Only >20000 place in the overall statistics.
2) Only >20000 place in pp statistics. (Since the calculation algorithm is not perfect, I think that selection for pp-not a good idea.)
3) Only the supporters.
In the first and the second case, you can also apply color highlighting BAT, MAT ... and peppy in the list of birthdays. ;)
Birthday List located at the bottom of the main page in the forum of the way. It is also desirable to block the change the day and month (year optional) birth or "deny" the celebration of the birth of more than once a year.
It is also possible to stand out a birthday in the game, such as "Online Users" (F9) to make a rectangle with the information about the player pink. Make a selection with nick in game chat.
Also there is an idea to make a special group birthday, you can send the material (!) Gift. For them to be very rigorous system of selection. Here I have two ways of selection.
1) Gifts for >1000 (or >5000) place on general statistics.
2) Gifts for >1000 (or >5000) pp place in statistics.
Let osu!community congratulate the most loyal players!
On my native Russian language. This text I put in google translate.
У меня есть идея! Можно заставить форум, а возможно и игру, поздравлять игроков с днём рождения. Так как у нас зарегистрировано очень много людей, поздравлять всех подряд не нужно, ибо главная страница форума была бы засорена никами игроков. Есть 3 идеи по методам отбора "избранных" игроков:
1) Только >20000 место по общей статистике.
2) Только >20000 место по pp статистике. (Так как алгоритм подсчёта ещё несовершенен, думаю, что отбор по pp- не самая хорошая идея.)
3) Только supporters.
В первом и втором случае также можно применить подсвечивание цветом BAT, MAT... и peppy в списке именинников. ;)
Список именинников находиться внизу главной страницы форума, чтобы не мешал. Также желательно заблокировать для изменения день и месяц (год не обязательно) рождения или "запретить" празднование дня рождения более одного раза в год.
Также можно как-нибудь выделить именинников в игре, например в "Online Users" (F9) сделать прямоугольник с информацией о игроке розового цвета. Сделать выделение цветом ника в игровом чате.
Также есть идея сделать особую группу именинников, которым можно подарить материальный (!) подарок. Для них будет особо строгая система отбора. Тут у меня есть 2 способа отбора.
1) Подарки для >1000 (Или >5000) место по общей статистике.
2) Подарки для >1000 (Или >5000) место по pp статистике.
Пусть osu!community поздравит самых преданных игроков!
Marcin

Archangel Tirael wrote:

I have an idea! You can make a forum, and perhaps the game to congratulate the players on his birthday. Since we have recorded a lot of people congratulating everybody not necessary, because the main forum page would be littered with players nicknames. There are three ideas on how to select the "elite" players:
1) Only >20000 place in the overall statistics.
2) Only >20000 place in pp statistics. (Since the calculation algorithm is not perfect, I think that selection for pp-not a good idea.)
3) Only the supporters.
In the first and the second case, you can also apply color highlighting BAT, MAT ... and peppy in the list of birthdays. ;)
Birthday List located at the bottom of the main page in the forum of the way. It is also desirable to block the change the day and month (year optional) birth or "deny" the celebration of the birth of more than once a year.
It is also possible to stand out a birthday in the game, such as "Online Users" (F9) to make a rectangle with the information about the player pink. Make a selection with nick in game chat.
Also there is an idea to make a special group birthday, you can send the material (!) Gift. For them to be very rigorous system of selection. Here I have two ways of selection.
1) Gifts for >1000 (or >5000) place on general statistics.
2) Gifts for >1000 (or >5000) pp place in statistics.
Let osu!community congratulate the most loyal players!
On my native Russian language. This text I put in google translate.
У меня есть идея! Можно заставить форум, а возможно и игру, поздравлять игроков с днём рождения. Так как у нас зарегистрировано очень много людей, поздравлять всех подряд не нужно, ибо главная страница форума была бы засорена никами игроков. Есть 3 идеи по методам отбора "избранных" игроков:
1) Только >20000 место по общей статистике.
2) Только >20000 место по pp статистике. (Так как алгоритм подсчёта ещё несовершенен, думаю, что отбор по pp- не самая хорошая идея.)
3) Только supporters.
В первом и втором случае также можно применить подсвечивание цветом BAT, MAT... и peppy в списке именинников. ;)
Список именинников находиться внизу главной страницы форума, чтобы не мешал. Также желательно заблокировать для изменения день и месяц (год не обязательно) рождения или "запретить" празднование дня рождения более одного раза в год.
Также можно как-нибудь выделить именинников в игре, например в "Online Users" (F9) сделать прямоугольник с информацией о игроке розового цвета. Сделать выделение цветом ника в игровом чате.
Также есть идея сделать особую группу именинников, которым можно подарить материальный (!) подарок. Для них будет особо строгая система отбора. Тут у меня есть 2 способа отбора.
1) Подарки для >1000 (Или >5000) место по общей статистике.
2) Подарки для >1000 (Или >5000) место по pp статистике.
Пусть osu!community поздравит самых преданных игроков!
Both useless, and stupid.
Vish024
I'm completely confused. I hope you're not proposing that we have a whole new forum dedicated just to birthdays. I have to agree with the boffin above, this is absurd.
jesse1412
Actually it's more like a request to highlight players when it is their birthday by creating a list and giving them a special coloured name.
Stefan
It would make more sense if you only can see the message that one of your Friendlist got birthday.
Your Idea is like Marcin said.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I'm completely confused. I hope you're not proposing that we have a whole new forum dedicated just to birthdays. I have to agree with the boffin above, this is absurd.
I have not mentioned much about the creation of a new forum for birthdays. Just between the last forum and the "Mark forums read" a list of today's birthdays.
Cygnus
No one cares when they don't know that birthday guy. It'll just end up getting tons of Obligatory Greetings.
boat
Nope, message them personally if you care.

us cool kids get threads in OT anyways
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

Stefan wrote:

It would make more sense if you only can see the message that [b]one of your Friendlist[b] got birthday.
Your Idea is like Marcin said.
So, too, is possible, but however, want to see the most dedicated fans of the game do not lose interest in the game. so want to cheer them up a bit. Plus, I personally think so, if the game in recent years is not enough "social." I hope that Google Translate translated the message correctly.
blissfulyoshi
Denying as a duplicate of t/32736/hilit=birthday

Personally, I think this is pointless. Why in the world do you think the rest of the world cares about your birthday? Most of us probably only care about announcements related to osu! itself or something related to our standing in osu!. As other people have stated, hearing congrats from close friends is much better.
peppy
I removed this functionality from the forum software long ago, and don't plan on adding it back. I'm sure people already get enough birthday loving on facebook and other social networks that we don't need some automated system here to add to the chaos.
Stefan

peppy wrote:

I'm sure people already get enough birthday loving on facebook and other social networks that we don't need some automated system here to add to the chaos.
^hell yeah
dkun
rofl, on top of what others have said, reading the first three sentences of the post, this supports elitism which is already a big no.

also +1 to peppy