forum

Notifications when you are silenced [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
dasd
Mercurial
Banchobot says: You were silenced by 5 minutes.
Banchobot says: Reason: Stuff.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
asda
peppy
There are notifications for automatic silences. There never will be for manually invoke silences. The fact there is no notification is half of why the system works so well.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
popple
peppy
If it's something that isn't blatantly obvious, we usually PM you.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
hello
Skyara
I think we shouldn't be abble to write something in a chat when we are silenced, because after that you don't know what others have read or not.
peppy
The downside is people make new accounts or do silly things when they are silenced, rather than just thinking they are being ignored.

THe bottom line is just don't get silenced in the first place. If you are requesting this feature you are probably in the danger zone already.
Marcin
My point of view: If you're getting silenced there is ALWAYS reason, which you probably know, if you don't know what is the reason, you're plain stupid. EOT.
deadbeat
if you really want some idea of why you were silenced , just look at your profile. there's a list of why you have been silenced. and to be frank, it does look you deserved them. just saying >_<
Marcin
That's what i said.
Wishy
Peppy, it's kind of possible and I'd say usual to get muted by some random dumb mod because he just THINKS you are spamming/trolling/whatever. Even when you are not.
peppy
You can follow these issues up with them in a PM with either the mod or me (in the case they are not being amicable). I still don't see this feature request as being a solution.
Wishy
Then what about adding some feature like Bancho messaging you all the data, and then you get there a link to send a complaint in case you do not agree with the mute reason. Of course using this to report dumb stuff/spam would be punished. That's applied in many games/chat systems and it's kind of logic, like I'm not going to come here to the forum 2 days after I got random-muted and PM you wasting your time reading my message and finding out what happened. It's pretty much to add some system like the cheater's report one. Then again with this you/whoever reads it would get a message with all the necessary information, which will be even more accurate than any information biased you can get from a user.

I don't really use any osu!'s chat channel because of this, and I'm not the only one. If you want an specific case, a long time ago lots of players from Argentina had to create a private chat room somewhere else because of how retarded mods were on #spanish, just saying this so you know this is NOT some random issue happening now and then, or just to me. :p
peppy
I have never heard of "how retarded the spanish mods are" before, so obviously no one has taken a step forward to voice concerns. Until this happens, it is a moot point as nothing can be substantialised.