forum

using 1/8 beat snap divisor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
djpleiades
Ive asked for someone to look at my map's timings on multiple occasions in #modhelp, and nobody has been any help to me whatsoever. (in)Before i rage more about not a single person helping me from the ever so useful #modhelp channel ill put the full problem here.

My song starts off a regular techno beat. 2 minutes and 44 seconds in, the song goes into a breakdown, and changes to gypsy type folk music. Hense the name "Gypsy Disco". After the breakdown the song returns to a normal beat. During this breakdown of gypsy music i see no other option than to use 1/8 snap divisor because 1/4 just doesnt fit the melody. The last resort would be not mapping the section at all, and leaving it as a break in the playtime.

Maybe my offsets aren't correct, causing the bpm to be slightly off for this section. Maybe following the melody to gypsy music just seems to work better for me in 1/8. Im really not sure whats wrong, or what to do. Please have a look so i can continue mapping. :?

map thread -> t/94197
map info -> http://osu.ppy.sh/s/56933
Topic Starter
djpleiades
BUMP
this forum is almost as useful as #modhelp
merchat7
Post in this thread to check your timing t/13795 as you said you are unconfident about your bpm & offset. Keep in mind harder to time song require more experienced timer so you may have to wait a while.

Assuming your timing is perfect, I see no reason not to do 1/8 if it fits.
Topic Starter
djpleiades
Will do, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!