forum

Selection option: "No mouse-over selections"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
azsxdc_old
Hey guys. I'm new here, but I just spent a few hours playing osu! and I love it. I think you guys have done an excellent job with this game, it feels so polished! I applaud the hard work of the creators. I wonder if you would take the time to hear out my idea, sorry if it has already been said.

I was thinking of a new selection option: "No mouse-over selections". Sometimes it annoys me how if I mouseover a song for a second or so, it opens up all the difficulty levels of the song by accident. Do you think it would be a good idea to make an option to cater for those people, so that they have to physically click on the song? Let me hear your thoughts!
Jarby
Yes, I want this feature as well, but it would be in the options menu, not a mod, since it has nothing to do with actual gameplay.
Topic Starter
azsxdc_old
Oh, my bad. it was a typo!
I mean, "selection option". Where the options like "absolute scrolling" are.
Rolled
Not only an option, but I think it'd be better to have this the selection process by default. Can't tell you how many times the scenario azxzjfdas has mentioned has annoyed me.
Atmey
Or just delay the current one by like 3 extra seconds.
A check box in options is better than one in song selection, its crowded enough already.
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
azsxdc_old

JarJarJacob wrote:

Atmey wrote:

Or just delay the current one by like 3 extra seconds.
A slidey-bar in the options menu to change the delay in seconds would be a better idea
I like this.
Also, you could just put it to zero (or max) to make it so it doesn't do mouse-over at all if you wanted.
Gemi

Rolled wrote:

Not only an option, but I think it'd be better to have this the selection process by default. Can't tell you how many times the scenario azxzjfdas has mentioned has annoyed me.
Yes, I think the method of "no selecting the song by hovering over" should be the default. I don't really care if the "select song by hovering over" is there as an option or not. A slider seems like overkill to me.