forum

Left and right clicks distinguishable through skin [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sakisan
Always thought it could be interesting when spectating to see which click was used. The most appropriate way would be to have a skin that shows it.

You could even extend it to distinguish keyboard/mouse/tablet "clicks", although just left/right is already enough to see whether a player alternates, singletaps or combines different techniques.
Soaprman
Ooh, this is a neat idea. Could make for some stylish replays.
Archangel Tirael
I think so, but the game does
not record in replays, on what
exactly occurred key presses.
If such a thing, and add to the
game, then immediately and
you need to modify the
system of replays.
Sakura
You can already do so, although it's so subtle it's not clear, and i think it's only visible on kiai right now.

Stars fly left if you left click and stars fly right if you right click.
peppy
I was going to add an overlay that shows mouse buttons (or keystrokes) for livestreaming/recording a couple of weeks ago, but didn't end up getting the time. I do still have plans on implementing this, though :).
Sakura
Good to know, i'll be looking forward to it!
Skyara
What with taping players, we will be abble to see when you tap using pen or keyboard ?
Tenacious J
This would also make a good anti-cheating measure.
DaddyCoolVipper
Perhaps switch around the colours (Blue 300, red 100) when right clicked? Good idea, though.
Tenacious J

DADDYCOOLVIPPER wrote:

Perhaps switch around the colours (Blue 300, red 100) when right clicked? Good idea, though.
Wouldn't that complicate things? Sure colorful is nice but I was thinking of overlaying the selected skin's hitburst elements with a color. Something like this: a red 300/100/50 hit = right-click, a blue 300/100/50 hit = left click. But then again there may be color issues depending on the skin.
thelewa
oh god yes this would make my life so much easier

One of the most common questions I'm asked is "do you single tap"
DaddyCoolVipper

TenaciousJ728 wrote:

DADDYCOOLVIPPER wrote:

Wouldn't that complicate things? Sure colorful is nice but I was thinking of overlaying the selected skin's hitburst elements with a color. Something like this: a red 300/100/50 hit = right-click, a blue 300/100/50 hit = left click. But then again there may be color issues depending on the skin.
That works too, I just thought it'd be a nice visual thing for streams.
those
+1 way of distinguishing between playstyles. Alternate ftw.
Mithos
I like this. It could also make the taiko skin look even cooler. :D
deadbeat

i guess this is added now?
also is there a chance it could be moved