forum

[Archived] Unstable Bancho Connection

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Krimek
Problem details: I've been having problems with bancho since months. At least since 2 patches/updates. I have constant disconnects and need to wait a few minutes to reconnect OR I need to restart Osu! completely to get imediately connected again. Now this was a constant problem I just tried to live with.
But my problems got worse since 2 days:
- I get DCs more frequently
- I can't have a stable connection without having at least smaller DCs in regular time stamps.
- People obviously struggle spectating me and multiplayer is unable to play for me without making every one wait at the end of the map until I reconnected again lol

And what is the worst problem: Today I couldn't connect for straight 2h, and IF I connected for a few minutes, connection was still loading, friendlists and chats were not loading and I got kicked out again after a few seconds or minutes again.

My Internet connection can't be the problem, I was always able to play osu! normaly with the same internet contract for now 5 or 6 years and any other game or app that requires stable Internet is running without any problems for me.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/E8VZu/1e0ac40446.jpg

http://puu.sh/E8VZP/4089b0c85c.jpg
This is being shown 24/7. I know it's meaning but there is basically not many moments I don't see it.

If you need anything more to show tell me.

osu! version: Stable 20190816 (latest)
^Yes, I play on the latest version.

I hope you can help me out with this. Thanks in advance!
Licaros
Identical problem for me. Same country as well. Dunno if it has something to do with it but ya never know. Especially since german connections are known to be sh*t. So there is a pretty good chance that the problem is caused by our provider giving us sh*t connection to wherever Bancho is located.
DreiAchter
I have the same problem since 3-4 days, tryed many solutions but not one of them worked. Many good scores didnt got submited because of this sh*t problem ...
RustyMarvin
Same Problems here!
What ISP/Router do you use?
Maybe there is a pattern?

ISP: Telekom
Router: Speedport Smart 3
Tamamo-no-Bae
I have the same issues as you! When I was in Japan with my notebook it just worked fine - the last days in my German home it did not.

ISP: Telekom
Router: Speedport something.
tracert irc.ppy.sh is always time-outing at the third- and second-last hop for me.

If you guys have more or less the same issues then I would assume the problem lies at Telekom
-glug-
since it looks like (correct me if i'm wrong) majority of you guys are using Telekom, it might just be a problem with the ISP itself.

Have you checked if your provider had any outages lately?
Tamamo-no-Bae
Thanks for pointing out the outages!

Apparently there are some complaints during June and some during the last days. Unfortunately their site itself does not offer that much of an assistance, so I don't know how much I can trust the 3rd party source.
But at least it seems to be many people who have issues with the ISP.
-glug-
It looks like from this page (which I normally use in Australia to check any outages with my provider) it looks like a lot of people are having problems with Telekom.

I think you just need to wait it out until they release a statement online or if anything becomes stable.
Tamamo-no-Bae
Thanks for looking into that and your help!

For me at least it submmits scores slowly, so with patience I can still make some online progress. Hopefully they fix it soon!
Topic Starter
Krimek
My ISP is Telekom as well.
Getting scores through or submitting beatmaps still works for most of the time.
RustyMarvin
Sick of the ongoing disconnects, I installed Proton VPN and connected to a server outside germany.
I played osu! for 3 hours and the connection to bancho was always stable!
Not a single disconnect. Always fast score submissions.
Proton VPN is free but with limited bandwith.
Maybe this could be a workaround for some of you too?