forum

[resolved] lag spikes since windows10 update from august.. please help me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BAKKALO
I'm experiencing some huge lag spikes and cursor input lag since last windows update that is supposed to correct some security things about bluetooth, keyboard etc.
I wonder if other peoples have the same issues but this is very annoying to play with
I play with a huion 420, laptop components are i7-6560u with graphic chipset which is intel graphic iris 540 (ye it sucks lol) and 16Go of RAM
That last update was KB4512508 btw

Hope for some help :(
localthankyou
Yep I am having the same problem. I had no issues before this update but now I am getting lag and stuttering. Sometimes its fine and then it will happen all of a sudden and persist.
Skeletroll
I have the same issue
Death
Tried reading any of the things in this thread? Checked to make sure you don't have any random windows processes (or just applications in general) that are doing random stuff in the background using up a ton of resources?

Tried reinstalling graphics drivers, audio drivers, etc? Windows updates really like to cause issues with things like that.

In fact, what exactly have you guys tried if the stuff above doesn't work? Don't want to keep suggesting things that you have already done.
localthankyou
@Death I updated my Nvidia Game Ready driver and this seems to have worked so far. I didn't notice that it had a *major update* since the Windows update. The windows update must have caused problems for a lot of different games, its a big update. I'd recommend everybody else ITT to do the same if using Nvidia graphics.
Topic Starter
BAKKALO
unfortunate I am.. I've an intel graphic chipset xddddddddddddddd
kill me

Death wrote:

Tried reading any of the things in this thread? Checked to make sure you don't have any random windows processes (or just applications in general) that are doing random stuff in the background using up a ton of resources?

Tried reinstalling graphics drivers, audio drivers, etc? Windows updates really like to cause issues with things like that.

In fact, what exactly have you guys tried if the stuff above doesn't work? Don't want to keep suggesting things that you have already done.

In the task Manager, nothing really noticeable appeared. I'm more often of 20-30% of CPU usage and arround 30-33% of RAM usage, it should be good normaly lol
Since that update I didn't tried much things tho :\
Skeletroll
anyone find any fix for this? updated my graphics driver and it still persists since the update
Topic Starter
BAKKALO
kb4511555 this update fixed it a bit to me btw