forum

96Neko - Paintings? Oh, yeah.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura
Manual stacking would work fine too, as long as the note looks stacked in gameplay, since auto-stacking sometimes can make some patterns ugly, however in this case neither auto nor manual stacking ocurred hence why it's a problem.
Milkshake
WHAT
-Neipezi
OH NO~!!
Topic Starter
Charles445
Hmm?
Stack leniency was lowered in order to prevent the patterns from looking horrendous.
Isn't that what the rule states is allowed?
The option only exists for advanced patterns where a higher stacking leniency looks horrible or doesn't work.
This is what stack leniency 3 looked like.

That sort of stacking does not match what the mapper originally intended and looks awful.
Also it's not like the low stack leniency makes anything break - most of the stacks can still be read on gamemodes like hidden (which is often not the case because of hitbursts)

EDIT: Here's an example of a map that uses 0.2 leniency to avoid having ugly everything http://osu.ppy.sh/b/37670
Using 0.3 will stack the 1/2 as well, causing nasty problems with 1/2 objects (like this map).
Garven
One would reasonably expect 1/2 notes to be stacked.

(and tick rate 2 ;D)
Milkshake
instead of unranking shitty maps you're unranking this
okay
Flanster
I think you mean...

Milkshake
yeah charles this mastapas is 3large5u
which means it's more than 2large4u
Topic Starter
Charles445
So here's the deal. The map is rankable as is, it's 100% sightreadable on hidden and that was the largest concern.
However, reranking it without changes is pointless because someone deleted the scores already (which you shouldn't do if there's a possibility that no changes are being made) (RIP Karuta HD DT).

Because of this, I'm going to go ahead and add stacking to make everyone happy.

In the future please don't delete the scores so darn quickly. It kills the motivation of a lot of players and could have been easily avoided.

Milkshake wrote:

yeah charles this mastapas is 3large5u
which means it's more than 2large4u
Wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Changes have been made to LRJ's Hard. This is the only difficulty that has been modified. Let's hope we don't have further shenanigans with stack leniency.
Nyquill

Charles445 wrote:

Stack leniency was lowered in order to prevent the patterns from looking horrendous.

Yeah kinda what I figured, also the spacing of this map demands it because its spaced so the slider borders barely do not touch, having a stack destroys that.
Garven
Did some IRC modding to clean up the overlaps in the Hard except the two that were strangely on purpose, a small spacing oddity in the Easy. Um, I think that was it.

Should do tick rate 2 still ;)

Oh yeah, and OD +1 or 2 on the Insane, and OD +2 or 3 on the Hard please.
Milkshake

Garven wrote:

Should do tick rate 2 still ;)
stahp
Topic Starter
Charles445

Garven wrote:

Did some IRC modding to clean up the overlaps in the Hard except the two that were strangely on purpose, a small spacing oddity in the Easy. Um, I think that was it.

Should do tick rate 2 still ;) No, too many ticks for this song IMO. It fits in a lot of songs, I just don't think it does in this one.

Oh yeah, and OD +1 or 2 on the Insane, and OD +2 or 3 on the Hard please. I'm happy with OD 7 on the Insane. There's no need to move it up to 8 and there's definitely no reason to step into the dangerous territory that is OD 9. Same with the Hard.
MMzz
What the fuck?

I don't even.
Scorpiour
checked and rebubbled~~
kanpakyin
Everything is looking good now.

Reranked!
Darksonic
Regratz!
Aoriki

Darksonic wrote:

Regratz!
N A L U

Aoriki wrote:

Darksonic wrote:

Regratz!
Garven
Sad the OD is so ridiculously low, but oh well. Easy maps for all. Congrats, I guess.
-Sandiwk-
:) :) :) :)
-Sandiwk-
nice map :) :)
Milkshake
Charles is the sexiest man
yeahyeahyeahhh
Hey what took so long? ;P
Flask

Darksonic wrote:

Regratz!
Birdy

Darksonic wrote:

Regratz!
NekoBlakii
OOOWWWWW ! Thank you ! I wanted this music since the begin ! 96neko is my favorite singer of Nico Nico Douga and this song "Ee ? Ah Sou" of Miku is just amazing ! She is a girl and she sings really great as a man and as a girl too.
OzzyOzrock
What song is this based on? I forgot the name.

EDIT: Thank you post above me.
Elisha_old
oh geez ib i must have this map
DRGNTHNDHR
is it just me or this beatmap download is bugged?
unko
extreme windows xp