forum

[Archived] My Tablet/Mouse Lag on osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-zak
Problem details: I have been receiving a weird lag whenever I move my cursor and whenever i click on slideres. In the video you will see what I mean. I am using the Gaomon s620 tablet with the driver from Gaomon. If anyone has any suggestions on what i should do it would be very much appreciated. Also whenever I use my mouse this lag also occurs... (and this lag only happens on osu)

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://youtu.be/FGZqiU5lIYw

osu! version: Stable 20190808.3 (latest)
moomoozain
You can't really see the lag if you only show the screen and not the tablet. If you show a video with both, then you can see the lag on video.
Topic Starter
-zak
i put up a new video and you can see the lag. but I do not hover when i play, and when i am outside of osu there is no cursor lag
Mamako
smh I can't help you much if it's a replay of rohulks play
Topic Starter
-zak
can you not see the lag when the cursor moves and when you activate the slider?
Epic

-zak wrote:

can you not see the lag when the cursor moves and when you activate the slider?

no we cant its a replay of fucking rohulk not yours. WAIT, ARE YOU MULTI ACCOUNTING?
Death
I'm having a hard time seeing any lag in the video you posted. If you are getting the lag when just watching a replay, I don't think that would be something that's related to the input device you are using. Try using the default skin to see if that helps at all.
Topic Starter
-zak

Death wrote:

I'm having a hard time seeing any lag in the video you posted. If you are getting the lag when just watching a replay, I don't think that would be something that's related to the input device you are using. Try using the default skin to see if that helps at all.

here is a better video showing the cursor lag. i tried using the default skin and the same problem occured https://youtu.be/OBl6M7xw2VE
Epic

-zak wrote:

Death wrote:

here is a better video showing the cursor lag. i tried using the default skin and the same problem occured https://youtu.be/OBl6M7xw2VE

i have a better idea either this is resolved or either you show your mouse and your game while on default skin because death cant help you if you arent gonna show it to him
Death
I don't really see any lag but I do see a little screen tearing, is that what you are referring to? Something like this:

Epic wrote:

i have a better idea either this is resolved or either you show your mouse and your game while on default skin because death cant help you if you arent gonna show it to him
Not sure why you are speaking for me, you can definitely see lag without looking at someone's mouse at the same time. Input lag maybe not, but frame lag for sure.
Topic Starter
-zak

Death wrote:

I don't really see any lag but I do see a little screen tearing, is that what you are referring to? Something like this:

Epic wrote:

Not sure why you are speaking for me, you can definitely see lag without looking at someone's mouse at the same time. Input lag maybe not, but frame lag for sure.

yes that is what i am speaking of... what should i do about it?
Death
There isn't really a whole lot you can do to fix screen tearing that doesn't have some sort of downside. Most people just try to ignore it.

Enabling Vsync will probably fix it, but you are going to feel quite a bit of lag with that so it isn't really the best solution. If you have an AMD or NVIDIA GPU you can try using one of their syncs, FreeSync or GSync. They are probably going to be significantly better than vsync, but I'm still sure it would feel quite strange and laggy.

There might be other things you can try by Googling screen tearing solutions, not sure. Screen tearing isn't an osu! specific issue, rather it is a general thing that can occur when your frame rate is not in sync with your screen's refresh rate.
Topic Starter
-zak
okay thank you so much, i have a NVIDA GPU, doy uo have a link or do i even need one
Mamako
Does your monitor have G-SYNC or FreeSync? If it does all you have to do is go to the built in monitor menu and turn G-SYNC/FreeSync on and then go to Nvidia settings and enable G-SYNC from there and that's it. I've also heard that not all FreeSync monitors will work on Nvidia cards btw.