forum

specific CTB maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
I didn't know where to post it so I just make a new topic.
how about maps made only for catch the beat. You can do that ofcourse but i mean as an option in edit mode. There is already one for taiko in the 'advanced tab'. There you can mark mode specific for taiko. I wanted the same option for CTB. with that people can make special CTB maps wich can't be played in taiko or osustandard.
How about it?
An64fan
I'm pretty sure this has already been brought up. But, I guess adding this wouldn't hurt, right? And it'd bee good if anyone decided they wanted to make a CtB specific map.
LuigiHann
I don't think that there should be CtB specific maps.
YoshiKart
Use distance snap horizontally? Call the difficulty "CtB"?

That'll work nicely.
CheeseWarlock
The taiko mode option has gone largely unused, and I'd sooner see that removed than CtB-specific be added. It's sort of shaky anyway: a taiko/CtB-specific map couldn't really be ranked because those modes don't support ranked scores... though CtB maps with Approved could work. But I'd rather see the focus kept on the main osu! play mode. The other modes, while fun, are more limited and not meant to be critical to the game as a whole.

Oh yeah, I forgot there are actually quite a few authentic taiko maps... still on the fence about CtB-specific maps though.
mm201

YoshiKart wrote:

Use distance snap horizontally? Call the difficulty "CtB"?

That'll work nicely.
Timing isn't so important in CTB, so beatsnapping is unnecessary, aside from setting a maximum limit to keep away the extreme jumps.

Many sliders look sort of odd in CTB, so it couldn't hurt to add the mode. Do like Taiko--hide them from ordinary play.

Making it work right could mean a lot of Bancho work for peppy, though, since the best solution would require "mode-wise" ranking, where only certain difficulties of a map are ranked for certain modes. The current model where everything is ranked all around is much simpler.
Jarby

MetalMario201 wrote:

Timing isn't so important in CTB, so beatsnapping is unnecessary, aside from setting a maximum limit to keep away the extreme jumps.

Many sliders look sort of odd in CTB, so it couldn't hurt to add the mode. Do like Taiko--hide them from ordinary play.

Making it work right could mean a lot of Bancho work for peppy, though, since the best solution would require "mode-wise" ranking, where only certain difficulties of a map are ranked for certain modes. The current model where everything is ranked all around is much simpler.
Is it possible for a difficulty to have 3 different versions for standard play, taiko and catch the beat? That way, the screen won't be cluttered. If they aren't specified, it should go to the standard one.
mm201

JarJarJacob wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Is it possible for a difficulty to have 3 different versions for standard play, taiko and catch the beat? That way, the screen won't be cluttered. If they aren't specified, it should go to the standard one.
Taiko already does this but is an unranked mode.

This is kind of the request here: to allow for CTB maps which do the same.
Jarby

MetalMario201 wrote:

This is kind of the request here: to allow for CTB maps which do the same.
There isn't any disadvantage to adding this, then.
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
nvm