forum

Psychedelic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Valentiino
I'm pretty surprised there's not a thread about this huuuge genre :o

Oh well, psychedelic music was one of the first "genres" I fell in love with, anything that has some psy sounds in it; be it trance, chill-out, dub, ambient - just name it.

Oh well, some favourite tracks & stuff I really enjoy, no matter what the mood:

Anything from Shpongle, just anything. These guys are awesome when it comes to creating psychedelic atmospheres.

More from the trippy & ambient side. Boards of Canada use interesting samples from old television & radio shows. Pretty interesting stuff

Can't have psy w/o Israel now can't you? DNA just produces some amazing Full-on stuff, not the most relaxing kind of stuff.

One of the most unstable groups (behind the scenes), but they've been producing music for many years now, and one of the "old-line" artists out there.

To not turn this post into full youtube link postage, I'll just post some other notable/popular/w/e artists from this genre:
  • * Infected Mushroom (Especially their early-on productions, they really had some nice psychedelic sounds in them, luckily they're becoming that way a bit more now with their new stuff. Still not comparing to their old albums)
    * Younger Brother
    * Talamasca
    * Hallucinogen
    * Cosmois
    * Skazi
    * & many others, will be posting tracks later on
Do you happen to have any interesting tracks or artists from this specific area of music? If you do, feel free to share & discuss about them
Mantis
I love psychedelics so much. Also, Boards of Canada one of my favorite bands.
dNextGen
Infected Mushroom is psy-trance ?_?

also 1200 mics and Astrix is my favorite psytrance acts

if you like psychill you might want to check out Sphongle & Vibrasphere D:

you can start with 1200 mics Gramology EP if you want to hear some of psytrance madness,totally great shit
Topic Starter
Valentiino
Yeah, they are goa/psytrance group afterall (altough their latest album is more based on dub sounds rather than trance)
Mantis
laport
I love psychedelics too

Topic Starter
Valentiino
Oh yeah, can't forget to post some obvious stuff:

If you know what I mean
laport
yeah ofc ^^
btw that movie yellow submarine is so good i've watched it many times
Mantis
-Stimmy
silmarilen
more psycheldelic :D
Foxtrot
Oh, psychedelic! My tastes fall more into the rock side, though.

Let's start with more simple and obvious stuff if you like psychedelic rock, just like me.

And to end this, let me post this beautiful song

I am always down to have a conversation about psychedelic rock with anyone, so if you are interested just send me a PM! :)
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
dNextGen
psytrance is the coolest though :(
Birdy
Chung
Birdy
Birdy
Birdy
Roberta10
Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine?
Birdy
Ektoplazm returns from Christmas break. There's like 9 new releases in past 2 days. Most interested in the Goa and Psycore releases myself, but will probably check them all if I have time.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/section/free-music
Silverboxer
Birdy
By pic, yes. But if I remember Ratatat correctly (can't listen now), it's not. Haven't heard that song, so it might be anything, though.
Cropzy
Any aphex twin or venetian snares.

Sqaure pusher too
xRayne
t/86573

/me pokes
:3
Birdy
Birdy
xRayne
Birdy
Birdy