forum

Seperate pp system for the Relax mod? [osu!Bancho]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +51
Topic Starter
Dareshi
My idea is that if you complete a map with the Relax mod on, instead of getting no pp at ALL, you get a quarter of the pp what you would get normally.

Example: Let's just say I did a run on IMAGE MATERIAL with Relax on and got 98.19% accuracy with one miss. Normally, I would get 541.97 pp, but with Relax on, I might get 135.49 pp.

However, this would require an entirely seperate leaderboard, maybe called the "Relaxed" leaderboard to be created, as some people would try to abuse the Relax system to gain very high places on the normal leaderboard. But, just to make sure people don't abuse the system, you are not allowed to do maps over 10.5 stars for obvious reasons. Also on this leaderboard, NoFail, Easy, and HalfTime would only be available for maps above 5 stars, as I'm sure you can do maps that are below 5 stars.

I think that making an entirely seperate leaderboard would be better than having the Relaxed leaderboard and normal leaderboard be the same, as it makes sure that the Relax mod doesn't become "overpowered" on the normal leaderboards, and having Relaxed players pp farm so much that it becomes a problem and the Relax mod would need to be completely reverted.

Anyways, what do all of you think?
Enjoy game
Just no
Topic Starter
Dareshi

Enjoy game wrote:

Just no

Oh.

I can't wait for the other responses!
xenal
Just no

Also pretty sure it's a dupe, Imma leave this thread which is basically the same thing https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/713791
lewski
that's a Just no from me too
Nao Tomori
relax leaderboards would be cool but not pp
errorname
sounds good but no pp
geisha
bad. will encourage new players to play relax (pp or not) and thats a very bad habit. relax is so extremely lenient and takes barely any skill it shouldnt reward pp at all or be ranked.
Extraoordinary
No ,its bad if relax have PP,PPL Will do relax always lol it can make the game so ez,so i think relax leaderboard Will cool tho but not PP :bb
abraker
> ITT people who think this will spell doom for osu

You guys realize this can be its own separate thing with no relation to the normal osu gameplay you are all used to, right? Separate leaderboards, meta, and all that. Entirely different gamemode.
Enjoy game
Separate leaderboards for a mod which technically shouldn't be a main focus for a rhythm game? yea no.
abraker

Enjoy game wrote:

which technically shouldn't be a main focus for a rhythm game
please elaborate

also how is it going to affect you if this existed when you can simply ignore it just like all other gamemodes you don't play?
fallow
nope, i can easily get a 800pp score with relax on, meaning i would get 200pp, something that i dont even have. relax being ranked is a bad idea
NymphiaK
Epic
honestly this would be good if relax had its own leaderboard and pp system and the pp you would receive you wouldnt receive in normal osu that isnt relax osu
-glug-
This would be extremely broken, you might as well let the relax hack an actual rankable mod then.
abraker

fallow wrote:

nope, i can easily get a 800pp score with relax on, meaning i would get 200pp, something that i dont even have. relax being ranked is a bad idea
How does this make sense? You would get the pp you deserve.

NymphiaK wrote:

That's not a really good idea for the pp system to be honest.
?

Epic wrote:

honestly this would be good if relax had its own leaderboard and pp system and the pp you would receive you wouldnt receive in normal osu that isnt relax osu
Yes! Idk why people think it's going to break everything.

-glug- wrote:

This would be extremely broken, you might as well let the relax hack an actual rankable mod then.
Explain how it would be broken
NathanGenre727
Relax with pp and leaderboard? NO.
Relax with leaderboard? Probably. BUT NO PP.
Full Tablet

abraker wrote:

Most people posting here are just misunderstanding the feature request.

This request is more about making a separate game mode with its own leaderboard, that plays the same as the current osu!standard mode with Relax.
abraker
What more is that they either misunderstand and never bother correcting themselves or hold their opinion and don't go back to clarify. So all of that is in this thread is misinformation.
Alice RP Name
I like the idea of having a leaderboard showing RX scores, but I don't think they should give anything (pp) to the player.
abraker

Alice RP Name wrote:

I like the idea of having a leaderboard showing RX scores, but I don't think they should give anything (pp) to the player.
why?
worst fl player

Nao Tomori wrote:

relax leaderboards would be cool but not pp