forum

[resolved] How do I download beatmaps in multiplayer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
y3llowchicken
Problem details:
Every time there's a map in multiplayer I don't have, I click because it says: "Click to download" but nothing is happening! I CAN download from the website, but I'd have to exit the multiplayer match. I don't know how to exit fullscreen either.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190716.5 (latest)
Death
Clicking on a map should open it automatically in your browser. It should also tab you out of the game, but perhaps that is not working.

You should be able to alt+tab to switch to a different window from fullscreen, so try doing that to see if anything opened. If nothing opened, you may need to reset your default browser.
Danielstigman
I get the same issues too when I click on a map I don't have on my laptop. The best fix is to get the host to post a link to the map in PM so you can click it and be taken to the listing. Unless you have supporter, in which case, osu!direct is there to help you so you don't have to leave the game. :)

Edit: When I say 'best fix', I mean only after you've tried actual fixes and they don't work.
Abbacus

Danielstigman wrote:

I get the same issues too when I click on a map I don't have on my laptop. The best fix is to get the host to post a link to the map in PM so you can click it and be taken to the listing. Unless you have supporter, in which case, osu!direct is there to help you so you don't have to leave the game. :)

Edit: When I say 'best fix', I mean only after you've tried actual fixes and they don't work.

The best fix for this is to get Osu! Supporter which allows you to click on a map you dont have in-game in a multiplayer lobby and Osu! will automagically download the beatmap!
Death
As with your post on the other thread, supporter is not a fix for the issue in this thread. It is a workaround that completely ignores the issue, and one that you have to pay for at that. Supporter is also already mentioned in the post directly above yours.
Topic Starter
y3llowchicken

Death wrote:

Clicking on a map should open it automatically in your browser. It should also tab you out of the game, but perhaps that is not working.

You should be able to alt+tab to switch to a different window from fullscreen, so try doing that to see if anything opened. If nothing opened, you may need to reset your default browser.

Oh thanks