forum

Igorrr - Dentist

posted
Total Posts
show more
Andrea
Popped for now since you're going to make some changes sooner or later anyways.
Card N'FoRcE
You asked for a look, so here i am.

- General: (Considerations and things you need to check/fix for the whole map)
  • Everything seems in order (i know you fixed those lead-in and preview inconsistencies even if the maps are not updated yet)
- Easy:
  1. .Opinions: (Just some thoughts, I'd personally like if you follow them)
    Everything is 1/1 (or 2/1) :( I think you could've used some 3/1 or 4/1 sliders to spice things up a little more (00:06:697 (3) - is an example of where it could work)
  2. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    Slidertick rate 2 would make this map feel waaaaaaay less empty. Normal and Hard don't really need it as much because there's more variation and they follow the music more strictly.
    00:18:031 (1,2,3) - :( Something like the image below, pretty please? These three beats really sound bad right now because they don't follow the dominant instrument at all
- Normal:
    I'd say OD4 would be fine.
    Nothing else.
- Hard:
    I don't know why, but the sliders snapped to 1/6 (like 00:02:031 (5) - 00:11:364 (1) - and the other similiar ones) kinda sounded awkward to me while playing. I know what sounds they're following and i have absolutely no complaint about that, but somehow i still like those sliders better when snapped to 1/8. Quite sure it's just me, but still letting you know.
  2. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    00:17:364 (1,2) - 00:18:697 (1,2) - kinda easy to misread because you simply doubled the spacing and combined with AR7 it makes it more unexpected. My suggestion is to slightly increase the jump (maybe about 2,5x instead of 2x) so that it looks different and becomes easier to guess.
Dusty
I saw this in #modreqs, so I guess I'll give a mod

[Normal]
consider increasing the difficulty settings? In particular I think AR should be 5 or 6, not 4.
Also it seems to me that the notes are too close together. Since both the 1/2 and the 1/3 overlap each other it's hard to tell at first that there's two different rhythms going on (also it's ugly) but if you make it so that, say, the 1/2 doesn't overlap but the 1/3 does I think it'd be nicer.

[Hard]
AR+1?
Kiddo-Kun
Damn, you're pretty good at getting mods for your map xD
Low

Jacob wrote:

The normal difficulty has an inconsistency in preview time and AudioLeadIn.

grumd wrote:

fully rejected
are you suuuure about that
zeroclover
grumd's hobby is asking mod to everyone (with a good manner and force with a knife)
even , he asked mod request to peppy in #modreqs -__-
so dont confuse about mod post count in one day
Mercurial
If a mapper gets a lots of mods in a single day or 2 days, there's no problem.

Good luck man.
Topic Starter
grumd
Shit, Jacob, I'm sorry! You're totally right, you was first to mention inconsistent things. Kudosu'ed.

I will check other mods soon, when get to the laptop.
And also OH MY GOD MAN CRAP GOD, FIRST MODREQS MOD IN MY LIFE GOD

Getting many mods in one day is a speedrequesting. Blame me, nuke me, alalala
riffy
divan

good luck, bro.
Topic Starter
grumd
@Bakari: а вот и не диван больше!

@CNF: fixed everything except of Hard's 1/6. Tried 1/8 and that 28ms difference sounds late for me xD
Also added some 3/4 in easy instead of 3/1 or 4/1
Big thanks for your mod

@Dusty: Normal AR+1 OD+1 HP+1; Haven't changed the spacing cause it's too hard to do and it's still playable (1/3s are used only few times in the diff and they dont break gameplay) :v
Hard: no changes cause I want to pass it with DT xD

Ok waiting for upload.This is the 4th page and +31SP so I'll try to go for a bubble again!
Uploaded.
Kiddo-Kun
After fixing some odd inconsistency issue...
Ranked Bubbled~
Topic Starter
grumd
Yaaay~ Thanks <3
Niva
Hi grumd (:

[General]

-> Set preview time to 9281 (1/8 before), it'll make the preview time lands perfectly compared to 9364...
-> I see "nostril" as album name in the .mp3's metadata, add it to the tags maybe?
-> Actually I'm not really sure about your 1/8 slider in Hard, such as 00:08:444 (2,3)... What I'm not sure of is the (1) that lands after actually, try offset 28 instead?

[Hard]

1. 00:06:697 (4) - I'm pretty sure the synth isn't one with your 1/8 here (checked with 25% playback)... But the beats land perfectly though (:
  2. 00:17:197 (3) - Put lower (~x:219 y:348)? I'm pretty sure your intention is not encircling (5) here, so it won't hurt to emphasize the arc more xD
  3. 00:18:697 (1) - Try to put further from (2), around ~x:457 y:233? Currently (2)'s comboburst blocks this, and it doesn't look really good imo...
  4. 00:25:363 (4) - Same as 00:06:697 orz...
[Normal]

1. 00:02:253 (1) - Whistle on slider's end (instead of repeat) fits better imo, the synth hits higher note there... (this suggestion applies to next parts like this such as 00:11:586 (1))
  2. 00:17:697 (2,2) - (optional) A slight curve like this won't hurt imo, in fact I think it flows good with your previous (5,1)~
  3. 00:36:031 (3,4) - Uhm, I think it'll fit the music more if you put the non-repeating slider first, then the repeating one... Just my thoughts though (:
[Easy]

-> AR +1? There are some patterns such as 00:12:697 (2,1) where it'll be more beautiful if (2)'s comboburst disappear faster ~

1. 00:06:697 (3) - (optional) A 4/1 slider followed by a circle 2/1 after sounds better imo, but repeating 3/1 is fine as well (:
  2. 00:25:364 (5) - Same as above...
  3. 00:34:697 (2,3) - I prefer something wavy for the end... Just my suggestion though xD
Actually my main concern here is the preview point, orz >_<
...that's it from me...
Topic Starter
grumd
Oh wow, Niva :o
Your mod was really unexpected, thank you :>
I will be on a train in a few hours and can't check it right now. But this will surely be done tomorrow c:
Topic Starter
grumd
Ok let's doublepost \o/

Overall:
preview time fixed.
"nostril" tag added.
offset: no change, current offset was set by Shiro and I believe her more than anyone else :>

Hard:
00:06:697 (4) - no change. following the synth directly would caues much problems here, it's not right on the beat. but the drums still are, so following them is a good choice imo
00:17:197 (3) - lol such a nazi thing :D fixed
00:18:697 (1) - yea, right. this jump now looks more consistent btw
00:25:363 (4) - i still like how that sounds, so as above, not fixed

Normal:

00:02:253 (1) - fixed whistles, on similar parts too
00:17:697 (2,2) - haven't fixed. i want to emphasize the difference in sounds. like i did it straight in Easy and added jumps in Hard
00:36:031 (3,4) - right, fixed

Easy:
OD+1; AR+1 ok?
00:06:697 (3) - not changed. before it was like you say, but CNF suggested to add some variety so I decided to add 3/1, they are still fine and make this diff more enjoyable
00:25:364 (5) - same as above
00:34:697 (2,3) - lol okay, added that wavy thing :D

Here it is. Thank you for the shortest mod in your life Niva! If anybody still don't know, I have problems with uploading... So please wait for my upload then, I will edit this post when it's done ^3^
Niva
All is fine now... But I'm not really confident to rank it now >_< (sorry, really ._.)

Rebubbled ~
Topic Starter
grumd
Thanks ;w;
[Luanny]
goooooooo
SapphireGhost

This is what happened when I played this map.
Topic Starter
grumd
LOL, Sapphire xD

somebody please mod it ._.
Mikkuri
I'm your FC, grumd :)

gogo rank xD
Kurai
IRC modded

log
17:22 Kurai: : Anyway, the title is "Dentist", but why the BG has no relevance with Dentist ?
17:22 Kurai: : Man, boats don't have teeth
17:23 grumd: : lol
17:24 grumd: : i just feel the music, dunno. the song itself says nothing about dentists..
17:24 Kurai: : :D
17:24 grumd: : and i'm pretty sure that bg with teeth will not be so good ~_~
17:24 Kurai: : ahahah
17:24 grumd: : oh i know alternative bg!
17:24 grumd: : http://puu.sh/Wt9Z this one is nice :>
17:25 Kurai: : yeah great
17:25 Kurai: : use it :D
17:26 Kurai: : [Hard]
17:26 grumd: : :o
17:26 Kurai: : 00:31:697 (6) - Snap it's end on blue tick, 1/6 isn't intuitive and sounds awkward here.
17:27 grumd: : hm
17:27 grumd: : just replacing a slider with a note would be fine i guess?
17:27 Kurai: : What do you mean ?
17:28 grumd: : 00:31:697 (6) -
17:28 grumd: : replacing this with a single circle
17:29 Kurai: : yeah that'd work, but Imo, just snapping the slider's end on 1/4 tick fits much better and is less boring
17:29 grumd: : wait, you said
17:29 grumd: : AAH
17:29 grumd: : blue tick!
17:29 Kurai: : yep
17:29 grumd: : i misread
17:29 Kurai: : >.<
17:29 grumd: : thought you mean white tick
17:30 Kurai: : no no >.<
17:30 Kurai: : oh and, same thing for 00:13:031 (5) -
17:32 grumd: : i'm trying to fix them ><
17:32 Kurai: : ok
17:35 Kurai: : tel me when you're done
17:37 grumd: : uploaded
17:38 grumd: : whoa, so much time for that fixes :c i tried to keep flow
17:38 Kurai: : lol
17:39 grumd: : oh yes, now that sound much better

Ranked!
Stefan
Yay.
Jordan
Congratz =)
spboxer3
wow congratz~
Aurele
Congratulation c:
[Luanny]
asfdasdfasd my betting was wrong after all ;_;
anyways gz <3
-kevincela-
Grats :D
YTYuyu
oh my so quick o_o. congratz on the rank ;)
Topic Starter
grumd
Thanks everybody ^^

Luanny, you owe me $2
MoodyRPG
boats don't have teeth :<

Anyway, gratz grumdy
Goodbye Shin
Wow, why so short? Gratz on ranked thou!
Topic Starter
grumd
Original song is 43 seconds long, I can do nothing with it :I
Konei
Gratz~
Flanster
speedrank ftw
Cyclohexane
Congrats.

blahblahblah speedranks blahblah effort blahblahblah good map instead of just rankable blahblahblah
Topic Starter
grumd

Mr Color wrote:

blahblahblah speedranks blahblah effort blahblahblah good map instead of just rankable blahblahblah
Oh you.

ratings raped me, 8.51
[Luanny]

grumd wrote:

Luanny, you owe me $2
We never talked about money, silly :>
Topic Starter
grumd

[Luanny PhNyx] wrote:

grumd wrote:

Luanny, you owe me $2
We never talked about money, silly :>