forum

IS a Square OK as Tablet Area ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
owo
Okay, so ive been playing with tablet for around 2 Years now, and since ive had 2 drivers and a lot of areas. When i switched from the wacom one, (that had a lot of imput lag) to a better one (Tablet driver GUI) i didnt really care about what area i was using i just tested the driver. And then just kept using a square. Well fast foarward till now, im still using 50x50. And i dont know if that is good.
Like, could i sometime run into some Problems ? Or anything ? im just really unsure about useing a mf square.

So should i maybe start forceing the aspect ratio ? or should i just leave it because i got so used to it.

(screenshot of my driver, currently: https://imgur.com/XYguUCM)

idk if it matters but:
Im using a 1080p 60hz Monitor
and a Wacom-CTL490 (wich u can see in the screenshot)
sometimes
It's mainly preference imo, if your hand is already used to using a square aspect ratio, then it's probably better to stick with that aspect ratio since it'll take some time to adjust to a different one. There shouldn't be any problems with using a square area.
MrSparklepants
It's personal preference for example I use an area that isn't a perfect square(because I did it by hand)
Topic Starter
owo
owo okay thanks, i was just kinda feeling wierda bout it :)
vinnicci
i think it's weird, you should really try to learn forced aspect ratio
Jefar
just use what you're comfortable with

if it makes you feel any better axarious' area is also a square
https://ask.fm/Axarious/answers/128114092118
Topic Starter
owo

vinnicci wrote:

i think it's weird, you should really try to learn forced aspect ratio

why ? thats why i stardet this post, are there any problems that come up? I dont know what i should force...
Vuelo Eluko
it's fine as is
dung eater
Drawing on paper might fuck up your muscle memory, be careful.
Topic Starter
owo

placeholder wrote:

Drawing on paper might fuck up your muscle memory, be careful.

hmmm could b, im kinda scared. But i guess its fine. Thanks everyone for answering.
Momori
It's personal preference, Just use what you're comfortable with.
Its not worth it to switch now. Early on maybe, but muscle memory will haunt you. I use force aspect ratio since I used to play opsu with a samsung note.
dung eater
You do get used to differend areas, tapping fingers etc. A week should be plenty for small area changes with the same grip.

270ms wrote:

Its not worth it to switch now. Early on maybe, but muscle memory will haunt you. I use force aspect ratio since I used to play opsu with a samsung note.