forum

Make all warnings when you play translucent

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
crabovan
Warnings = new beatmap detecting, frame limiter on/off, mouse buttons on/off etc.
It can be translucent like a epilepsy warning.
I ask make this feature because this warnings is interfere for play.
deadbeat
those warning are fine as they are. they would only be a problem if they appeared during gameplay, but who disables mouse buttons or changes the frame limiter in the middle of playing a map without pausing first?
and the new beatmap detected only appears in the song select so that shouldn't cause any problems
those

deadbeat wrote:

and the new beatmap detected only appears in the song select so that shouldn't cause any problems
Nope. Finish downloading a map while playing, you get this. Try it.
deadbeat
i'll check when i get home. at work so can't really check. is it distracting?
those

deadbeat wrote:

i'll check when i get home. at work so can't really check. is it distracting?
It's an opaque, black bar that's around 20px in height, but no, it's not really distracting (not as much as the fps drop I get when that happens, but still).
deadbeat
well then if its not that distracting i guess its fine to leave as it is. so yeah.
no support from me sorry
Kurokami

those wrote:

(not as much as the fps drop I get when that happens, ...).
At least I'm not the only one with this. o.o
Ekaru

deadbeat wrote:

well then if its not that distracting i guess its fine to leave as it is. so yeah.
no support from me sorry
Wait what

It's distracting as hell. It's a solid black bar that goes across the middle of your screen. It's pretty much an automatic "Goodbye, FC!" half the time.
Sakura

Ekaru wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

no support from me sorry
Wait what

It's distracting as hell. It's a solid black bar that goes across the middle of your screen. It's pretty much an automatic "Goodbye, FC!" half the time.
I thought the osu!direct pop ups were disabled in middle of playing a song in one of the updates from a month ago or so.
In fact:

[woc2006] Not show osu!direct downloading messages during playing (June 19, 2012)
those

Sakura wrote:

I thought the osu!direct pop ups were disabled in middle of playing a song in one of the updates from a month ago or so.
In fact:

[woc2006] Not show osu!direct downloading messages during playing (June 19, 2012)
With osu!direct, there are two bars. One at the beginning of download, and the second, when it has been imported.
Sakura

those wrote:

Sakura wrote:

In fact:

With osu!direct, there are two bars. One at the beginning of download, and the second, when it has been imported.
I've never ever had the first one happen during playing tho...
those

Sakura wrote:

I've never ever had the first one happen during playing tho...
But the second one.
That's what the OP is complaining about.
deadbeat

Ekaru wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

no support from me sorry
Wait what

really? i just tested it and it didn't really distract me that much at all
iotku
I understand the epilepsy warning, because that's important; it also only happens once at a predictable time.

As for the "Downloading X beatmap" or pretty much anything else that goes across the screen way in the way I don't really see the point in-game, the downloading one is the most important for me because it can be at a random interval (depending on when you started stuff, internet connection etc) and I never really see it coming.

I find the little blocks in the bottom right corner (from a PM or taking a screenshot) aren't very distracting, perhaps things should only pop up between breaks etc (or have an option to do so).

peppy
I swear I already changed this one. Will look into it.