forum

How to "fill" this map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Strango13
I am talking about this mapset, in particular about the insane map. I playtested this map a lot in multiplayer games. Some people were saying that in some part this map feels empty. But I don't really know how to fill the slower parts with more objects. It's my first serious try to map and I want to get it ranked. Maybe someone can give an advice how to "fill" this map...
galactiknight
I listened to it briefly, so this may not be the best advice (nor do I feel qualified :P )

For the first slow section, try slowing down the slider speed of the longer sliders and follow it up with a jump to the two circles. It has this rhythm that I think would feel nice.
You could also vary the overall direction, making zigzags or going in different "clock" directions, things like that.

Other than that, I am not sure what else you should put.

Btw I got an offset of -984 or 862 (whichever one) because I noticed you were using 1/16th subdivision, which looked very weird. With this offset, I was able to bring it down to 1/4.
Topic Starter
Strango13
Thanks a lot. Making jumps after these long sliders could be nice. I will try that and test if it works.