forum

Can I Change the MP3 of WIP beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
galactiknight
I have a song in my LOCAL Osu! account thing that I wish to shorten at the end.
Is it possible for me to replace the current mp3 with the new one or will these cause problems?
>>If it does work, will it save my bookmarks, bpm, etc?
>>Can I also change the file once it has been uploaded to the Osu! website (which it hasn't yet)?

P.s. I haven't put much on the current beatmap, so I could just create a new beatmap, but I am lazy :P

Thanks! :)
Your Good Self
You should be able to swap out the audio file without any complaints from the editor. Though it's still a good idea to check that everything is intact after the swap before working further on the map.

Say your original file is 4 minutes and you want to cut it to 2 minutes. Any of your existing bookmarks or timing data past the new end time (i.e. past 2 minutes) might be unrankable and/or cause technical issues in future, so make sure to get rid of those before cutting the song.

Can I also change the file once it has been uploaded to the Osu! website (which it hasn't yet)?

Yes, it should be possible. It's also a good idea to note down when the change was uploaded on the beatmap description page so whoever downloaded before that date can redownload to get the latest audio file.
Topic Starter
galactiknight
ok thanks :)