forum

Improved my record - PP dropped

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShadQw
So yeah, I improved my score on a map that was listed in my best performances and my PP subsequently increased as a result (these were not FC plays), later when I further improved my record and got an FC my PP dropped, when I afterwards improved on another of my best performances and achieved an FC my PP dropped again.
I don't think this has anything to do with anyone beating my scores as it has been pretty stable over the past few days and it actually went 40 below what I had before I improved my records.
JAKACHAN
Did you maybe get a lower accuracy, but higher score? Or did you get a higher score but maybe not FC it?

Also, are you completely sure no one beat any of your ranks.

Lastly, scores are worth less as they get older which causes decay so if you only get a few ranks and never improve any others then your score will drop.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
maybe you got 91% acc first play, and FC, then 90% acc 2nd try, but score is higher, then you beat the score, but pp may drop because it considers accuracy

I've tried before >.>
Topic Starter
ShadQw
For the map that made my score higher, I improved both points and acc for the non-FC play and then I further improved it with the FC play, it is possible my FC play might have been 0.3% lower in acc but if that can make a difference of 80PP (what I lost when I FC'ed it).

For the other map, I improved everything in one play (I had pretty much had to FC it to get a better record, as it had a kind of "make it or break it" point, the rest was easy).

Currently my best record on both maps are FC (which should give a PP bonus?).

How is it possible to beat an FC score with a lower acc and without mods?

I of course can't be completely sure but I find it highly unlikely as two players would have to beat one or more of my records in a ~8 min timeframe, not to mention that my PP actually climber about 100 before I got the FC and I don't think I have any scores that would give me that much (100 + 40).

EDIT: I see Peppy just updated the PP system and so that would explain the huge gain I got from a minor improvement, but I still find it weird that I got 150PP by getting an FC, raising my map rank by 300 and increase acc by 8%... and this map is pretty easy... and this was after the huge jump.
ryza
As far as I can tell, the lower the PP the more unstable your points are.

Also, your PP just updates when you play a map - that doesn't necessarily mean that the PP changes were from the map only. If you've been playing a lot of newer beatmaps, there is a large chance that your score going down in rank on those caused it.

That's what I can think of, other than just saying the calculations are constantly changing, which is also a possibility. Peppy has been changing them a lot.

In any case, I wouldn't worry about it.
kriers

Silynn wrote:

As far as I can tell, the lower the PP the more unstable your points are.
Indeed. Get something like 4500 PP before you start paying closer attention to smaller changes.
Topic Starter
ShadQw
I was playing for a while before it happened so it was from that map.

I don't worry too much about it, I just found it strange.
Laharl

ShadQw wrote:

I don't worry too much about it, I just found it strange.
Don't worry. You're not the only one.
Ziggo
Just had a similar experience, I improved everything about one of my "best performances" and lost pp. It even dropped out of my best performances, so it's definitely from that map. Well let's see if it's back there in a few days.
Defacer
­