forum

Timing maps using a Guitar Hero/Rock Band file !NEW VERSION!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
tl;dr

I understand timing can get difficult... but why does it need to get more complicated?
LuigiHann

RemmyX25 wrote:

tl;dr

I understand timing can get difficult... but why does it need to get more complicated?
I'm actually very interested in this. Rock songs are extremely difficult to time, so borrowing the timing used by the pros could be very helpful. That said, those games don't require quite as much precision as osu, so I wonder if it's accurate enough.
Topic Starter
nardii
Even though there's less precision required, I've found most of the timings to be quite accurate. I think this is partly due to there only being bpm changes, so if one part is a litte off-sync it'll only get worse later on. These kind of songs are hard to time most of the time, so I think this can be really helpful. Or would you like to try timing crap like this by yourself?

Also, if people find it useful, sticky?
Rolled
I took the time to try this out, using TDWDTG as a test subject, or rather the "Guitar battle with Lou" chart from FoF.

Everything was pretty self explanatory until I got to step 5. I don't know excel well but even with basic instructions I was pretty confused.

I couldn't find any BPM references in the .chart file. The only lines under the SyncTrack were:

[SyncTrack]
{
0 = B 125000
0 = TS 4

Is this normal? I just assumed it was to go on with the step-by-step.

I removed all spaces and seperated by commas, etc. Came up with:

0,B,125000
0,=,TS,4

Afterwards I pasted it in the A2 field, but couldn't find anything about a Wizard Text Importer. I'm using OpenOffice, if that matters.

Didn't really know what you meant by expanding the fields either, but that's due to my lack of knowledge with excel.

Can you shine a light on where I went wrong with all of this?
Topic Starter
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
nardii
With my newfound coding knowledge I'd thought I'd try making something that's a little easier to use. Link in first post.
BloodstealerTV
Sorry if this is a huge bump haha but Osu! Won't open the notes.osu file...
Topic Starter
nardii

BloodstealerTV wrote:

You need to copy the contents of the notes.osu file into your beatmap's .osu file.
BloodstealerTV

nardi11011 wrote:

BloodstealerTV wrote:

You need to copy the contents of the notes.osu file into your beatmap's .osu file.
Oh! Okay! Thanks a ton!

But do I need to have my own mp3 or ogg, because I don't see a single .ogg in the Feedback File with the entire song, only 4 different ones combined for the full song.
Topic Starter
nardii

BloodstealerTV wrote:

nardi11011 wrote:

BloodstealerTV wrote:

Oh! Okay! Thanks a ton!

But do I need to have my own mp3 or ogg, because I don't see a single .ogg in the Feedback File with the entire song, only 4 different ones combined for the full song.
You can combine the 4 audio files in an audio editing program like Audacity.
BloodstealerTV
And export as an MP3, I get it. Thanks again!
Topic Starter
nardii
new version in first post ITS EPIC

It only does midi files for now (which is probably more useful anyway), but I might add .chart support sometime.

oh yeah i forgot to say IT HAS A GOOEY
Mashley
Looks like the forum's dead, so we don't have anywhere to download stuff from. :(
Topic Starter
nardii

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Looks like the forum's dead, so we don't have anywhere to download stuff from. :(
Can't do much about that, I'm afraid.
LuigiHann
They're back now
loser101_old
what is a MIDI?
wendao

:c