forum

Taiko| The Square

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheMightyDozen
I've been experimenting with something for a while, which I have to say - has some potential. I just wish I had bigger keyboard buttons :\
I'm talking about arranging your Taiko keys in a square, or in my case, tghy.
I find this arrangement somewhat easier in every aspect, really, except I grew somewhat used to a linear arrangement... Not much to say other than that :P

Discuss, discuss~
karterfreak
That's how I play when I'm playing with 'authentic-like' key settings. I use numpad 1, 2, 4 and 5 + index fingers only. It's kinda fun.

There's no real advantage to any playstyle, some people play authentic (kddk), some play colour coded (ddkk) some even play what I like to call half authentic (dkdk) and any reversal of those three. The key layout you use doesn't end up really mattering in the end.

For what it's worth though, I play zx,. keys normally with a colour coded setup.
MMzz
I prefer dc mk when I play like that. I know a few players who do actually play like this all the time though.
Topic Starter
TheMightyDozen
@Tasha
Well, I do like authentic, and that's what I got used to too. Still though, I wished I had slightly bigger keys, because my hands are kinda large :\
Also, the numpad suggestion is good, but the fact it's all the way to the right of the keyboard makes it kinda off, but I can get used to it.
darkmiz
dcmk + middle fingers only
Noobita
wow another israeli who plays taiko and creates a discussion about it

is this real life?
Topic Starter
TheMightyDozen

Noobita wrote:

wow another israeli who plays taiko and creates a discussion about it

is this real life?
Doubt it.

ON TOPIC: @Darkmiz
dcmk + middle fingers = Butterfingers ultra-fun :D
Also, just dcmk oddly feels quite comfortable.
[Luanny]
what about

?
Mithos
I use QWOP in kddk. It removes the temptation to use one hand for streams.
lolcubes
I use EF LP.
I am still a taiko noob though, but I am pretty sure it's not the keys that make me noob. :D
[Luanny]
I can only do streams with one hand D:
Also I play like 80% of the time alternating