forum

is it against the rules to get my friends to hype my map ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Polnareff
the title.
xenal
No, I know a bunch of people who does it, even among bns and that's called circle jerking and a lot of people hate them.
dennischan
It’s allowed. Btw circlejerking should mean that BNs nominate each other’s map, not BNs hyping each other’s map I think.
xenal
Circle jerking is more generic than that, basically stuff done in a small closed group in order to gain advantage on everyone else, so in mapping it's like hyping, modding and yes, the only one that is watched out by qatidk, nomination. (edit, forgot gd can also be circle jerked)
lewski

xenal wrote:

No, I know a bunch of people who does it, even among bns and that's called circle jerking and a lot of people hate them.

Does anyone really look down on people who get people they know to hype their maps? Never seen anything like that; the only cj I've seen people speak out against is BN stuff.

xenal wrote:

...stuff done in a small closed group in order to gain advantage on everyone else, so in mapping it's like hyping...

One of the reasons I never see people call asking for hype a bad thing is probably the fact that hype is pointless. Getting to five hype quickly doesn't actually give you any kind of an advantage, because that number is so trivial that anyone who actually wants to rank a map can definitely reach it without much effort.

tl;dr as said, asking for hypes is allowed, but contrary to what was said, barely anyone thinks it's a bad thing to do