Yes
0.00%
No
100.00%
Total votes: 1
Polling ended
Topic Starter
iStabNL
i have a logitech G413 tactile keyboard with romer-g tactile switches, the problem i have with this keyboard is that getting better is harder for me since i have to fully let go of the switch in order to actuate it again, do i need to buy a new keyboard? or is there a way to get better at handling tactile switches? , i have no idea, if you have any tips for me please post

i will be setting up a poll

thank you for reading
TruthIsNear
You don't have to fully release ANY switch to actuate it again. Doesn't matter if it is tactile or not. I had a logitech keyboard with tactile romer-g switches and had no issues with pressing switches repeatedly. The keycaps were terrible though and started to break as soon as I got to play harder maps, so I had to get a better keyboard.

If it is actually the way you describe it and you are not just imagining things then your switches are probably broken.
Topic Starter
iStabNL

TruthIsNear wrote:

You don't have to fully release ANY switch to actuate it again. Doesn't matter if it is tactile or not. I had a logitech keyboard with tactile romer-g switches and had no issues with pressing switches repeatedly. The keycaps were terrible though and started to break as soon as I got to play harder maps, so I had to get a better keyboard.

If it is actually the way you describe it and you are not just imagining things then your switches are probably broken.

let me rephrase that, i dont have to fully release the switch but since the actuation point is high up its really really hard to control it
TruthIsNear

iStabNL wrote:

let me rephrase that, i dont have to fully release the switch but since the actuation point is high up its really really hard to control it

In that case playing with different switches won't help you, since most of them have around 2mm of difference between actuation point and total travel distance.

Why do you even have to not release keys? Try not to bottom out instead. Only press until the actuation point and then release.

Don't glue your fingers to the keyboard, keep 'em on the fly. Precise and fast finger movement is what you need to strive for. Just watch any liveplay of an experienced player and you will realise.