forum

[Editor] Copy Hitsound

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +38
Topic Starter
Sushi
So, while editing, and thinking "Oh god I will have to hitsound this 3min long difficulty, but the hitsound are kindof the same as the other one..."

I've been thinking about a option that would allow Hitsound copying , from pattern to pattern and from difficulty to difficulty (or something more general ?)

I See some people coming with "Aaaa but the notes will be different~" And that's the point of this request, having an algorythm or something that would copy the hitsounds considering the differences of hitobjects, and for total mismatches leave it empty

I'm pretty sure this will help the hitsounding process and add make the maps more consistent for hitsounds.
ziin
It would be really nice.

Right now all I do if I want a consistent set is export the hitsounds to bookmarks and manually put them in.
winber1
Would be very helpful because I, for one, hate hitsounding LOL.

I always tell myself I'll just hitsound this part, so I can copy paste it into the similar next section and change notes around from there, but I always end up being too lazy to hitsound and I get engulfed in the beatmapping mood. Hence, at the end of the finished product, I start regretting that I left the whole map empty of hitsounds.

This would also greatly help prevent small unnoticeable discrepancies in hitsounding that people can't hear due to certain circumstances (such as low volume hitsounding, or very noisy music, or something)

AKA support.
Stefan
Hard to relaize imo, but would be really useful.
Ekoro
Nice idea , would be interesting. support' !
mm201
I can see this working if it works by pasting just the hitsounds of copied objects.
ziin
hitsounds in general are kind of messed up when copying. Sliders in particular tend to keep the old hitsound that used to be there after a delete.

some way to see hitsounds would be even better.
D33d
theowest made a suggestion similar to this, but after we discussed it a bit, we agreed that a great solution could be having something like an events list for hitsounds. It could work like MIDI program changes or something. For example, the Compose tab could have a list of hitsounds, which would scroll as the map progresses. Hitsounds could then be controlled here and could also only display where a hitsound is placed.

In order to clarify this, I might knock up a mock up when I get home.
Topic Starter
Sushi
Aaand that's a bump
Saten
a bit lazy, but I like it

It would easier to keep the consistency on maps.
theowest
How about a separate section for hitsounds? t/88801

Copying hitsounds is a no-brainer is such request.

edit, d33d mentioned it p/1708009
mm201
I'm starting to see how this would go together:
You would copy hitobjects in the usual way. Then you would select some objects, preferably matching the copypasta scheme of those you copied. Then you select a new option to paste hitsounds. If there are already hitsounds on the copied objects, it would ask you whether to merge or replace the hitsounds.
D33d

mm201 wrote:

I'm starting to see how this would go together:
You would copy hitobjects in the usual way. Then you would select some objects, preferably matching the copypasta scheme of those you copied. Then you select a new option to paste hitsounds. If there are already hitsounds on the copied objects, it would ask you whether to merge or replace the hitsounds.
Even having the locations of hitsounds in one difficulty as fixed events across the mapset would be good. That way, new difficulties would be auto-hitsounded and there would be less to-and-fro to check consistency between difficulties.
Marcin
I thought something about this ....

The green button indicates that hitsound is on for selected beat, and there should be more lines (blue, and red) but I was too lazy to add them(and it should be a little bit smaller). I think this would speed up a hitsounding process...
theowest

Marcin wrote:

I thought something about this ....

The green button indicates that hitsound is on for selected beat, and there should be more lines (blue, and red) but I was too lazy to add them(and it should be a little bit smaller). I think this would speed up a hitsounding process...
t/88801
separate section basically.
XinCrin
Really like this , nice