forum

I feel like im a good osu! player, but my hardware is keeping me from being good, what do I do?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JhopeAtTheDisco
Im currently using an Elitebook 8740W to play osu! and other games. Im using a Wacom Intuos Pro 2016 also as my tablet. Membrane keys. The game often lags.
Franchouchou
You DO NOT ever blame your hardware on whether you are good at osu or not. That mentality can hurt you in a long run, especially as you get to lower ranks.

Really, what can you do if you keep doing badly in osu? You going to keep blaming your tablet or computer or whatever everytime you fail a map badly? Other external factors affecting your gameplay? (My hardware is much more worse than yours, 4 year old laptop and mouse, with both osu crashing and stuck at various times)

Sounds harsh but this thinking have to be stop immediately.

Seriously that thinking is super toxic to think about.

All you have to do is to stop blaming anything else externally.

I'm sorry if this causes anything negative towards you. I hope you still continue playing the game.
Hope this helps~~
Keiga
If my trashy 2015 Macbook Air's keyboard alone can get me to top 6k in osu!mania (yes I know you play Standard shhh) you can probably get to higher ranks without good software.

Just keep practicing. If it lags a lot maybe try windowed mode?
If you're convinced that the problem is your hardware go get better equipment. You might regret it later though, so give it more time and keep playing normally. Caring about ranks at a rank like yours is likely the worst way to gain them.
MrSparklepants
You only have 20 hours played on osu!, you shouldn't blame your hardware, and you shouldn't expect to get better really fast, it occurs naturally, just keep practicing and you'll get better, but don't blame your hardware, and just practice and have fun with the game.
Justified
Your hardware is not the reason why you're bad
Juuuuuuuuul

0wld wrote:

what do I do?

0wld wrote:

The game often lags.
You need to fix this issue, check the forums and Google about how to fix it.
Ayayano
I wont say hardware doesnt matter or isnt holding you back, since I feel that point is generally overdone. But no one can claim to call themselves a good player after less than a day of playtime. You should focus on playing the game more and if you feel in the future that the experience would be better and you can afford it, then sure better gear will help a bit and most importantly will be more fun (i think).
Topic Starter
JhopeAtTheDisco
Thanks for the responses!The main reason I blame it is that I swapped laptops a couple of months back, and the new one im using (the EliteBook) is better at normal things, browsing, videos, things like that. But the reason I blame it is, im doing well in a game, then it lags. And then my hP goes to 0. It has to happen at least every 5-10 minutes. its been getting annoying, which is why I'm complaining. And the reason I don't play osu! on my old laptop, is that my tablet doesn't work with it. I haven't been beating almost any maps for at least 2 months now. And have gained no PP. and its not the much fun when you cant beat maps almost at all. But thank you. I will try my best to do what yall told me to!
Carmlillball
I have a cheap computer. It has a large screen, which is good, but Osu! closes at random times a lot. Often, when I start the game up, it crashes then, and it takes a while to go onto the game. Sometimes it crashes and closes during a song. Also has very weak graphics card. I also have an old keyboard I just randomly found in my house. It has very loud tapping, and isn't the most comfortable. I'm not great at Osu!, but I easily point this to how little I play.
Boku No Rainbow
I know what you mean about the stuttering evry 5-10 minutes thing. I use to play offline on a laptop. It could play other game at a stable framrate (even if only 30fps). In osu it would run ~70fps, but every couple minutes would hiccup and cause me to lose alot hp (usually fail).

The only advice is to focus on improving and play with no fail until you find a way to fix it.

Doing things like using small transparent images for things i didn't care about or disabling storyboards, shaders, etc helped alot.
My Angel Jeremy
I can probably still do 7 stars with a laptop