forum

What's the healthy way to play Osu! with a Tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
To explain and give background to the topic title, ever since I started playing again about a month ago, I've struggled to find a setup that actually feels comfortable to me. I've always tried to pay close attention to ergonomics, sitting right, correct arm and leg angles and good mouse and keyboard position on the table, and that's helped me throughout playing with a keyboard and mouse over the years.

Now, I have no idea how I ever managed to play osu! in such unhealthy positions back in the day without feeling super uncomfortable, maybe it's because I'm more aware and conscious of my body tension and sensations of discomfort now. I'm sure if I had kept playing the way I did, I would have ruined my arms (but luckily* I had back issues, that forced me to quit serious gaming for 5 years, preventing arm injury. Huzzah).

Anyways, enough of that, if anyone here has knowledge of good ways to position your tablet and keyboard (height and the resulting arm angle etc included), please share. I really want to play osu! the right way, I know tablet area etc is personal preference to a degree and you'll build muscle memory through practice, but I'd consider it a waste to build muscle memory with a setup that will only lead to injury.

Thanks for any responses in advance. Feel free to ask questions.
Ayayano
Hm, in terms of angle and height I would find it hard to give specific advice. the only thing I can say is just position everything to be as comfortable as you can, I used to have my tablet in front of my keyboard when I used a full sized keyboard (think like how ThePoon plays). This was for two reasons, so that my arms were not spread out too far, but at a more natural angle and space conservation.

Also make sure you figure out a good grip for your pen, my pen grip is bad in the sense that it hurts from time to time. I just cant be bothered to switch.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
That's precisely the thing, I simply can't find a comfortable position.
dung eater
Straight wrists and arms held in the air feels pretty comfortable. Forces me to take a firm sittting position. It was the se with low sens mouse: supporting arm movement makes me sit in a more rigid way.

Having your hand stuck on the table in the same spot doesn't really care how you sit. Having a spinning chair on wheels and using arm does force you to hold a posture or lock yourself in place somehow.
Ayayano
Bear in mind it might not feel ‘comfortable’ at first but as long as it is not painful or stressful then It may become comfortable over time.

Try out different things and if nothing works just stick to something that isnt actively bad