forum

[resolved] Keyboard doesn't work while in game with skin installed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AzNDaWg
Problem details: I tried to reinstall one of the skins for osu and when I started playing none of my keyboard bindings were working. I changed it to LCtrl and LAlt and it works perfectly, but not with Z and X. I also deleted the files and the key binds work as nothing has happened, I am also using a mouse I have already tried disabling the mouse and it still wouldn't work.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190611.2 (latest)
Nigrod
Is this first time this has happened? try plugging your keyboard out and plug it back into another usb port.
Topic Starter
AzNDaWg
Yes, this is the first time it has happened. I also tried what you've told me and nothing has changed so I assume it has to be the skins since I've installed multiple and they have the same issue I feel like I'm installing them incorrectly.
Death
Restart your computer. I doubt a skin could cause issues with input, it's likely a coincidence.
Topic Starter
AzNDaWg
I'll try that, but I assume after installing the skin I have to only restart my game.
Death
Normally when importing .osk files you don't even need to restart the game at all, but again, I don't think it is the skin that is causing issues.
Topic Starter
AzNDaWg
Omg thank you so much it works again!!! Yeah, I assumed it was the file cause after uninstalling them the game worked like normal. Thank you so much again for all of the help!!!