forum

Why do I keep zoning out while playing Osu! ?!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ga1ahadWitchery_old
Whenever I try to play Osu, I can't concentrate, it always leads to me not thinking and I keep failing every song because I lose focus. There's nothing in particular that distracts me, I just can't seem to stop zoning out while playing Osu!.
l1mi
Sure happens every day but the reasons might be diffrent. For me the focus or concentration is usually better the first time i play a map. If the mapping or music is lacking i often start daydreaming while playing and go on "auto". Resulting in missreading "creative" stuff.
Carmlillball
The only time I'm good at playing is when I'm zoned out and feel everything be automatic. It's when I realise I've been zoned out and return to reality when I mess up.
Flanster
Short attention span?
dung eater
If you ignore verbal thoughts you will get less random thoughts and be able to focus better.

If you aren't paying attention it'll be hard to correct mistakes.

Losing focus and failing happens, but zoning out sounds like you aren't trying to focus or give up on it.
MrSparklepants
I love zoning out when playing osu! I have time to reflect on things I've done, I can thing of what I'll do after playing, but you're probably zoning out because you only have 6 hours on osu! if you just keep playing and practicing you'll get better :D.
Almost
Maybe the difficulty of the map your playing isn't high enough to stimulate your mind enough? You could try get a friend to punch you real hard whenever you fail, maybe that'll motivate you enough to concentrate.
DXPOHIHIHI
zoning out is good when youre about to fc
- Roman -
Try focus more on concentrating and do maps that are easier for you, if that doesn’t work then u probably have cancer or need to drink some more monster