forum

[Archived] FPS and MS Capped at 120-8.5;

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fozde9
Problem details:
Hello, i have a laptop with 2 graphic cards, an intel 520 and a gtx 950m
When i use the integrated card(intel) my frames are not capped but also not that high since its an integrated graphics card.
But when i tried to use my gtx 950m, my frames were capped at 120 adn my ms at 8.5.
I tried changing fps limit to unlimited, 240 and 120 but still the same.
I dont have vsync on in my nvidia settings, Max prerendred frame = 1 and when i use compatibility mode i get less ms about 6 and 180 frames but its kinda bugged.
I dont know how i fixed the problem a week ago until today when i started my bandicam to record an osu play and and then when i started the game to play again the problem was back.

osu! version: Stable 20190608.2 (latest)
HalfW
You are not alone. A lot of laptop NVIDIA card users experience the same problem. What cause it is assumed to be unnecessary rendering processes of laptop NVIDIA card which are for 3D games.

I had the same problem too and had to switch to my 620 from 940MX. Leave frame setting at unlimited; turn on FPS number of your Bandicam and see if it goes as high as you want.

Also try these too:
- Battery setting to maximum performance.
- Turn off Game DVR and any unnecessary programs.
- Scan for malicious programs (virus, malware, etc.)
Topic Starter
Fozde9

HalfW wrote:

You are not alone. A lot of laptop NVIDIA card users experience the same problem. What cause it is assumed to be unnecessary rendering processes of laptop NVIDIA card which are for 3D games.

I had the same problem too and had to switch to my 620 from 940MX. Leave frame setting at unlimited; turn on FPS number of your Bandicam and see if it goes as high as you want.

Also try these too:
- Battery setting to maximum performance.
- Turn off Game DVR and any unnecessary programs.
- Scan for malicious programs (virus, malware, etc.)

I tried it but it didnt work
I alse reinstalled my intel and nvidia drivers using DDU
HalfW
Then I guess just stick with your Intel. I have been doing so for months without any problems.

Have you checked the FPS from Bandicam when using Intel?
Topic Starter
Fozde9

HalfW wrote:

Then I guess just stick with your Intel. I have been doing so for months without any problems.

Have you checked the FPS from Bandicam when using Intel?

Ye ill keep using intel for now since the fps is not that bad, and i also get 3-5 ms