forum

What is going to be considered cheating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HarryHy
Hello. I saw a quote from t/89619/ saying "peppy has informed us that removing background elements will soon be considered a form of cheating".

So I am just wondering, what other beatmap modifications will be considered cheating?

I like to modify some beatmap's visual elements, especially those that use too many visual elements in their skins. (My changes are usually restricted to just moving the skin elements such as cursor.png,hitcircleoverlay.png, etc to a new folder. Default skin is the best skin!). Custom skins just give me a headache and makes the map unfun to play. I am aware I can disable them in-game after playing the map once, but that's a bad way to do it if I will have a headache after playing once, heh...

I disagree with any rules like this that restrict gameplay choices, but that's not what the thread is for. (Though it does seem sorta silly to have a game where you can add custom skins and backgrounds, but removing ones you dislike isn't allowed, no?).

I just am trying to make sure I keep up to date about stuff so I don't break any of these rules and get banned or something. So please advise more about these new rules and what they will imply. Thanks!
Shiro
Yes.