forum

[Client] Ctrl+W to close chat windows [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
D33d
As somebody who likes to use the keyboard as much as possible (especially while chatting), I think that it'd be useful if I could use Ctrl+W to close windows, as it's even a standard feature of Microsoft Windows. As ctrl+tab was implemented some time last year (I think?), I think that this is a reasonable suggestion that wouldn't be hard to implement. I think that middle click could be implemented in the same way. Clicking that tiny cross can be bothersome when all I want to do is lie in bed and chat. :P

[22:08:28] Jacob Morris: Don't forget ctrl+shift+t.

Really, it'd just be nice to be able to use the keyboard as much as possible outside of gameplay.
Makar
If this were to be implemented, it probably should be CTRL+F4 since that is the common hotkey for closing tabs/windows within clients.
Wishy
Support, having some shortcut for closing windows would be great (I'm voting for Ctrl+W).

Of course it'd be better if you could just configure your shortcuts like you want. :p
Kitsunemimi
YES, support this strongly!
dkun

Makar wrote:

If this were to be implemented, it probably should be CTRL+F4 since that is the common hotkey for closing tabs/windows within clients.
Really? The tab interface in browsers still use +W to begin with. This goes the same for some popular IRC clients.

+support
those

D33d wrote:

Don't forget ctrl+shift+t..
Ctrl+Shift+T is "undo close tab" for Fx.
Topic Starter
D33d

those wrote:

D33d wrote:

Don't forget ctrl+shift+t..
Ctrl+Shift+T is "undo close tab" for Fx.
Yes, that's the point.
those
Yes, yes, in case people didn't know.
Mercurial
Support all the things.