forum

Hitsounding Help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cubeslice
Hey, I pretty much just started mapping and I just finished one difficulty (still have to work on placement on the diff, but that can wait). However, one huge obstacle is hitsounding. I have no idea where to start. My map does not follow the drums to often (or even at all), so it is difficult to replicate the drums, which is a tip I've heard from pishifat's video. My map follows the guitar and the vocals. I really don't want to half-ass my hitsounds as they really help when playing a map. Can someone please help me? Thanks. https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/975427/
galactiknight
In my opinion, I do not like the default hitsounds that Osu! gives. The only set that I like is the drum set because it tends to fit a lot of songs (and I love deep/low :P), and it is not as obnoxious as clapping or whistling. However, if done right, clapping/whistling/etc can work in a song.

The default hitsound is also part of the list of sounds I do not like. However, it is there to provide audible feedback, so make sure that it is just loud enough to hear.

In general, do not overdo the hitsounds (except drums when appropriate, drums are the best :))

BTW, when you said that the map does not follow the drums, do you mean your timing/subdivisions are not lining up (which is not good) or you're just ignoring it (which is fine, though I have not checked out your map)?
notBrandon
get a soft less noticeable hitsound for the hits that only land on vocals, when the drums and vocals both have a sound at the same time, it is better to emphasize drums (by using a drum hitsound).

make custom hitsounds and find hitsounds that would fit well with the song. soft for just vocals. drums whenever there are drums.

I hope this helped