forum

An option to delete all videos on downloaded beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
Topic Starter
Qwapy
In short: Implement an option to be able to scan all Osu! song files and deleting/replacing them with the version with no background video (possibly if you want it could be supporter only similar with the in-game downloading if needed)

Long: I have gotten to the point where my Osu! song folder is 35.2GB, and I was wondering if there was a way to lower this without deleting the maps. Knowing that I have songs that have videos downloaded onto them that are in the background and that it would take a very long time to find and reinstall the maps, I was wondering if you could make a new option to scan all Osu! files and delete the background videos (similar to pressing f5 but instead of just checking they are present, to delete the background videos.) Obviously, this only really helps certain people (people who hoard maps etc) but it would really be nice. I know I could just delete maps I won't play but I like to keep the availability.

EDIT:
I know there is an option in settings to only download osu!direct non-video but I don't have supporter anymore / when I had it, didn't use osu!direct much.
Full Tablet
You can just search for video files in the Songs folder inside the game folder, and delete them.
xenal

Qwapy wrote:

I know there is an option in settings to only download osu!direct non-video but I don't have supporter anymore / when I had it, didn't use osu!direct much.

There is the same thing on the website : download without video

I don't think it should be implemented, not that many people will use it :
  1. You can download without video, supporter or not.
  2. It is a one time use, do it once a year or something like that.
  3. Most people have large stockage, so 36go isn't that much (I still haven't passed the 1to mark)

Full Tablet solution should be enough.

Tho if "Delete all unranked maps" exist, why not have that to replace it since delete all unranked maps can be done with search system. Still not supporting tho.
Topic Starter
Qwapy
Yeah I do know there is the download without video on the site but back when I first started I didn't give a shit of video or not so I usually downloaded the videos since I used to play maps with it in the background and it was nice, until I got to the point where I just downloaded all my maps either from multi or the large map packs. I do see that it would be something rarely used and I do see that its very unlikely to be implemented as its not really worth it, but still it's one of those last option type of things if the game has been polished (which probably wont happen any time soon) and nothing else is needed.
abraker
Still doesn't hurt to implement if someone is willing
chokonmainatsu
go to your osu songs folder

press WIN + R and put this in it: %appdata%\..\local\Osu!\songs

and search for .mp4 (not .mp3 or you have a problem)

and delete all these files.