forum

Score meter (Hit error) bar become longer/shorter when playing with HT/DT

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
ZhaDanBing
My idea is if you play with HT, the Score meter bar will be 1/3 longer and if you play with DT, the Score meter bar will be 1/3 shorter.
Currently, the Score meter is the same length regardeless you're using DT or not. However DT make the OD higher so I think the Score meter bar should be shorter to represent the higher OD.
MisakiTobisawa-
I'm not sure if this should be implemented since just like AR, the OD of a map doesn't "change" when you put on DT or HT. It just seems different relative to the base. The apparent AR of 9 + DT is 10.33 based on the AR calculation formula, but the actual AR value doesn't change.
AR calculation
Base AR scales by 150 ms per point above AR 5, which is 1200 ms.
Therefore, AR 9 is 1200 - 150(9 - 5) = 600 ms
DT makes the apparent AR 1/3 faster. 2/3(600) = 400 ms
If you solve for x in 1200 - 150(x - 5) = 400, you will get 10.33
This number is used as a comparison to actual AR values. However, the actual AR will always be between 0 and 10.

Similarly, OD 8 + DT relative to actual OD values is 9.75, but it's actually just 8.
OD calculation
Base OD scales by 6ms per point. OD 0 is 79.5 ms.
Therefore, OD 8 is 79.5 - 6(8) = 31.5 ms
DT makes the apparent OD 1/3 harsher. 2/3(31.5) = 21 ms
If you solve for x in 79.5 - 6(x) = 21, you will get 9.75
This number is used as a comparison to actual OD values. However, the actual OD will always be between 0 and 10.

Since this is the way the game currently treats AR and OD, the values shown in the difficulty settings don't change, but have an arrow next to them. This means the internal AR and OD values will remain the same, which explains why the hit error bar doesn't change. This could probably be changed, but I'm unsure if it's really worth the effort.
Full Tablet

KotoriIsMyWaifu wrote:

I'm not sure if this should be implemented since just like AR, the OD of a map doesn't "change" when you put on DT or HT. It just seems different relative to the base. The apparent AR of 9 + DT is 10.33 based on the AR calculation formula, but the actual AR value doesn't change.
AR calculation
Base AR scales by 150 ms per point above AR 5, which is 1200 ms.
Therefore, AR 9 is 1200 - 150(9 - 5) = 600 ms
DT makes the apparent AR 1/3 faster. 2/3(600) = 400 ms
If you solve for x in 1200 - 150(x - 5) = 400, you will get 10.33
This number is used as a comparison to actual AR values. However, the actual AR will always be between 0 and 10.

Similarly, OD 8 + DT relative to actual OD values is 9.75, but it's actually just 8.
OD calculation
Base OD scales by 6ms per point. OD 0 is 79.5 ms.
Therefore, OD 8 is 79.5 - 6(8) = 31.5 ms
DT makes the apparent OD 1/3 harsher. 2/3(31.5) = 21 ms
If you solve for x in 79.5 - 6(x) = 21, you will get 9.75
This number is used as a comparison to actual OD values. However, the actual OD will always be between 0 and 10.

Since this is the way the game currently treats AR and OD, the values shown in the difficulty settings don't change, but have an arrow next to them. This means the internal AR and OD values will remain the same, which explains why the hit error bar doesn't change. This could probably be changed, but I'm unsure if it's really worth the effort.

The problem is that DT/HT do not really change the timing windows, they make the game's clock run faster/slower compared to real time.

They could make it so the same length in the hit error bar always represents the same amount of real time. Currently, if, for example, 99 pixels represent an error of 60 ms while playing No-mod, while using DT, those same 99 pixels represent an error of 40 ms real time (and 60ms in the game's clock).

This anomaly is even more apparent when looking at the hit error statistics in the results screen, in which average early/late hits and unstable rate are given in milliseconds (for average errors) or tenths of milliseconds (for UR), but they are actually given according to the game's clock time instead of real time.