forum

[resolved] mouse problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Collin
Problem details:
So I just switched to mouse and I've been practicing with it for a few days and it started becoming comfortable. Today, I got on and started playing the map fine, but the mouse stopped short sometimes. I updated my drivers for both osu and razer synapse and saw no fix happening. I couldn't find any video on how to fix it so I came here seeing if anyone else had the same problem or something similar and had a fix for it.

The cursor stops sometimes and then starts working again so it causes me to go further than where I want

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
(second text screen said, "this is the part it starts showing sometimes the cursor stopping short"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OozXSWHpJGo

(this video is me doing a motion over and over)
(whenever the cursor goes lower and hits the menu thats the example)
https://youtu.be/us-WPdWtk9g

osu! version: stable
Death
Try cleaning off your mouse pad and and mouse sensor.
Topic Starter
Collin

Death wrote:

Try cleaning off your mouse pad and and mouse sensor.
I just tried this, but it sadly didn't fix the problem
Death
Try a different USB port maybe. Restart your computer. Make sure you have the "Enhance pointer precision" checkbox unchecked/disabled in your mouse properties just to make sure it isn't some weird mouse acceleration issue.

This is exactly what it looks like when I get a hair or whatever in my mouse sensor. It really doesn't look like some sort of driver issue to be honest.
Topic Starter
Collin

Death wrote:

Try a different USB port maybe. Restart your computer. Make sure you have the "Enhance pointer precision" checkbox unchecked/disabled in your mouse properties just to make sure it isn't some weird mouse acceleration issue.

This is exactly what it looks like when I get a hair or whatever in my mouse sensor. It really doesn't look like some sort of driver issue to be honest.

alright thanks alot dude it fixed the problem
Death
Oh, nice, which part?
Topic Starter
Collin
I don't know which one fixed since I did it all, then checked
shantofanti

Death wrote:

Oh, nice, which part?
i myself disabling the "Enhance pointer precision" part helped me, i feel regret now that i had to buy a new mouse pad bc i thought that's where the problem, oh welp, i got new mouse pad then..
either way thanks a lot for your proposal <3