forum

Favorites A/B - map instead of mapset [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aqo
Right now if you add something to favorites A or B in the song select menu, it adds the whole mapset. What if I want to add just a few difficulties from a large collab mapset? The whole point of using the favorites is to avoid clutter when you just want a very specific list of maps. Is it possible to allow a map-specific favorites tag instead of a mapset-specific one?
bomber34
... just play your diff. and add it at the end of the song to fav. A/B. You know when you can activate "save local replay" and so on

at least it only adds that specific diff to the fav. A/B in my case ._.
Topic Starter
Aqo
Not sure what you mean by this. The only way I know of to add to fav A/B is by right clicking a difficulty in the song select and choosing "Add to Favorites A" but then it adds the entire mapset and not just that diff...
Azure_Kite
When you finish a map and the results screen comes up, a progress overlay appears, showing your current rank, accuracy, total points, etc. in the top right hand corner there should be four options. One is to export a local replay, one is to Mark as online favourite and the other two are to put the song into favourites A or B, iirc.

This is what he refers to.
Topic Starter
Aqo

I swear I'm looking really hard at the top-right and I can't spot it. Is that a supporters-only feature or something?
those
Before that screen (the one where you can rate 1-10).
nomen
I didn't know you can add just one diff in that way.
SPOILER
Yep, in this screen top right.
Topic Starter
Aqo
Oh thanks, I would have never realized this.

That said, I still want to add like 70 maps to my fav group, having to play them all to get this screen would be very time consuming... osu needs the options to add a diff to favs from the normal songs menu
ann_old
yeah, I agree, when I look at my AR12 maps I sometimes don't know which difficulty was the right one and I accidentally select an insane.
this is no problem in solo, but in multiplayer I look like some sort of psycho sadist.
I'd love to to able to just favorite a map.

Also more favorites.
theowest
yes, you can add diffs individually in favourites A and B.

[resolved]
bwross
The odd thing about this request is that I experienced the exact opposite... I was using the score screen to easily add maps, but I really prefer to keep map sets together. Eventually I learned to exit back to the menu and favorite there.
ann_old

theowest wrote:

[resolved]
How? (any method but playing the map first or trying to find what code means what song/difficulty in the config files)
theowest

bwross wrote:

The odd thing about this request is that I experienced the exact opposite... I was using the score screen to easily add maps, but I really prefer to keep map sets together. Eventually I learned to exit back to the menu and favorite there.
yeah, I've experienced that too.

xann wrote:

theowest wrote:

[resolved]
How? (any method but playing the map first or trying to find what code means what song/difficulty in the config files)
well there is a way to do this already, but I guess you could use an outside button for adding individual difficulties as favourites. Like requested, there is a way to delete individual difficulties after all. The same could be applied for favourites.

but wouldn't you want this for online favourites too? I mean, the list is pretty much the same but online, however the only way to add online favourites in-game is to add them like you add favourites individually, at the score screen.
ann_old
any other method for easily adding ~140songs quickly?
theowest

xann wrote:

any other method for easily adding ~140songs quickly?
t/71133 this was just requested. could be useful for quickly adding 140 beatmaps quickly if that's what you mean.
ann_old
actually I mean just specific difficulties
theowest
then no. there is no other way.
TheVileOne
This is a duplicate. t/92832 Tagging the older one.
theowest
Being able to right click on any map and chose between favouriting the whole mapset or just the difficulty, like how deleting works.
Winshley

theowest wrote:

Being able to right click on any map and chose between favouriting the whole mapset or just the difficulty, like how deleting works.
But with a little more complex, in case someone wanted to mark a whole mapset into/out from Favorites A/B when selecting a mapset with some maps partially marked as Favorite.
she_old
This would be very handy, it's a massive pain in the ass that it adds the whole mapset =.=
TheVileOne
You can choose to add a single difficulty with collections. Does this satisfy your request?
she_old
I think this is considered as added now
deadbeat
done