forum

does osu! really help your aim?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zwergf
i mean i've played osu for quite a while now and i played other fps game too but i wasnt sure that my aim was getting better in other game. sure it does but its not that efficiently. what about you guys?
Erimos
If you're a mouse player it will help your mouse coordination if you use the same DPI for other stuff as the one you use on Osu!. Other than that I can't think of a way it would help you aim in FPS games since I'm pretty sure they mostly rely on your visual ability and your ability to see enemies.
Topic Starter
Zwergf
well i mean iam since my tablet broke oof its just 2months old :(
Ayayano
if you need an aim trainer then osu is not necessarily your best option in my opinion. Due to the fixed screen and moving cursor; it feels very different.
It may slightly improve coordination but dont bank on this game turning you into shroud lmao

I once made a clickbaity video about using osu as an aim trainer but idk if it does the best job at that.
Justified
no
Ayayano

Justified wrote:

no

Lmao
MinhChiz
a bit imo
- euphoria -
no, 2d aim doesn't translate into 3d aim.
Topic Starter
Zwergf
how about cs2d?
[offline player
Try fposu (for fun)
Try not to get headache
Try not to get seizure (jk)
TopHomeslice

Zwergf wrote:

i mean i've played osu for quite a while now and i played other fps game too but i wasnt sure that my aim was getting better in other game. sure it does but its not that efficiently. what about you guys?

I mean kindaa, if your using the same dpi in other games and maybe itll make it more comfortable, idk i just know that it helped me a bit with my aim. good luck.
Rikii
Maybe a little, just a little.
Myshiro Neko
It helped me, my aim in other games improved a lot playing with mouse.
Brainage
having good 2d aim will increase the awareness you have of your mouse movement in 3d aim.

so basically having good 2d aim won't instantly give you good 3d aim, but it will massively decrease the time required to train your 3d aim to be equal to your 2d aim.

2d aim doesn't translate exactly into 3d aim like most people will say but your accuracy and precision from 2d aim will be carried into 3d aim a great amount.
Flakes_Qc
that improve reaction time to (maybe??? xD) i mean for me back in 2016 a 2-3* was fast for my eye and now 5-7* looks like the speed of the 2-3* i was playing in the 2016
Lights
the real secret nobody will tell you: play osu!mania to improve your aim.
SimLazie
I don't think so because osu is 2d and fps games are 3d but I feel like when I have a bad day on osu it'll be the same on csgo as well.
SnoEM

Lights wrote:

the real secret nobody will tell you: play osu!mania to improve your aim.

bruh xD sO TRUEE
Animal Mother
guys idk i had a friend who loved osu and ever since then his aim has been amazing he rarely misses shots in any game i noticed he got better when he became obsessed with osu
Leebonakiss
I think it kinda could, I mean you're still getting comfortable with moving a mouse in whatever way you need to move in an accurate fashion, it's just a matter of getting the muscle memory for whatever game you're playing, but it would be easier to get a consistently accurate aim IMO. but none of your muscle memory would transition over so it wouldn't seem like anything noticeable.
playing Osu won't make you get better at an fps game, but It would make it easier to improve at one.

That's what I think at least :D
Lights

Animal Mother wrote:

guys idk i had a friend who loved osu and ever since then his aim has been amazing he rarely misses shots in any game i noticed he got better when he became obsessed with osu

the type of aim is entirely different. clicking a circle on a 2d plane and manipulating a camera angle in 3d space are 2 very different types of movement. all itll really help is overall hand eye coordination, the movement is completely different
Leebonakiss

Lights wrote:

Animal Mother wrote:

the type of aim is entirely different. clicking a circle on a 2d plane and manipulating a camera angle in 3d space are 2 very different types of movement. all itll really help is overall hand eye coordination, the movement is completely different

You can get better control over your mouse as well, even though it won't directly affect your aim, it'll help you have better control over how you aim, even tho I doesn't carry over directly.
I know for me it definitely helped my aim to A fairly big extent
Lights

Leebonakiss wrote:

Lights wrote:

Animal Mother wrote:

You can get better control over your mouse as well, even though it won't directly affect your aim, it'll help you have better control over how you aim, even tho I doesn't carry over directly.

thats what "hand eye coordination" is.
Leebonakiss

Lights wrote:

Leebonakiss wrote:

Lights wrote:

Animal Mother wrote:

thats what "hand eye coordination" is.

Then "Hand-eye coordination" is A very large part of aim, no? in that case the answer is yes, It does improve your aim.
Is that not correct?
Almost
If you want to improve your aim in other games, play those other games...
Lights

Leebonakiss wrote:

Then "Hand-eye coordination" is A very large part of aim, no? in that case the answer is yes, It does improve your aim.
Is that not correct?

that is correct. but

Almost wrote:

If you want to improve your aim in other games, play those other games...

is more correct.
PheneX_
I think it's different for everyone, personally, it helps with my reaction in games, serves as kind of a warmup before actually going in game, helps with hand eye coordination and it helps me notice small movements better in game.
Simon12
This might just be me, but I feel like my reaction time has improved just slightly. Maybe around 20-30ms on average.

I do not think that it helps you that much when it comes to overall aim.
There are specific games out there, aim-trainers that do a way better job at this.

osu! isn't exactly a game where you simply move your cursor, there is a lot more to it.
Lugaimba
Something i have noticed is as a csgo player with like 5k hours in total i have already really good aim since i practice it alot but something i got from changing from tablet to mouse on osu is if i play with a high sensitivity in osu with mouse for a little while then play csgo after my aim is insane when it comes to small adjustments that i struggle with usually, sure it does feel wierd going from 2d to 3d and different sens but after a little warmup in csgo my aim is nuts :) so i do believe it can help alot in that area where it comes to small adjustments in the aim if you play high sens osu and about the same or lower in whatever fps game you play :D
show more