forum

[Archived] Osu won't update propperly on linux

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrLinuxFish
Problem details: update fails when restarting the client

I'm running osu on arch linux and with the newest update, I cannot get the client to update. It seems the client updates to something similar to the initial installer and then gives me an error when it goes to launch. This may not be an osu problem, but I haven't seen anything about this problem or how to fix it yet. I'm running wine-4.8 staging in case that helps.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

System.IO.IOException: Cannot create "Z:\home\atomsk\osu!" because a file or directory with the same name already exists.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at #=zm0tYJWvoclElZqZ3jg==.#=z71E2chn3n_19()
at #=zywkoU8Wp3WXQzXLQ8Q==.#=zBx1n8A__I5s6w88YS1dxv1o=.#=zm4OScbMxOLDaQ5EP4w==()
at #=zTxSKmZuCEpj8sXsm6O6dvWk=.#=z0uF4mVI=(#=zKT7F$gpAKpOWYy8NStZGKYY= #=zb09z6Ak=, Boolean #=zCo40kx9Ufuzn)
at #=zywkoU8Wp3WXQzXLQ8Q==.#=zIM5yjGQ=(#=zE$1FCNzXiIWDl$HcYexfplk= #=zmFC24pU=)
at #=zywkoU8Wp3WXQzXLQ8Q==.#=zlHT9XMQ=()
at #=zekVpL0P3ABXsMg_vnA==.#=zC1lzbGs=()
at #=ziUHB8BhfGtKFx5VUsQ==.#=zGTcQA$teayGK(String #=zNDTrfxoHc4Wj, Boolean #=ztDgATnd$Aq3$i420d02XMWM=, Boolean #=zb7oPnP29zcL77dEe0g==)

osu! version: Stable 20190524 (latest)

Edit: installing osu in a different folder and merging my beatmaps and skins into that folder fixed the problem.
Topic Starter
MrLinuxFish
It turns out osu doesn't like starting up for the first time after updating if there is a symlink in the wine command to run it.