forum

Taiko players, do you improvise?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mithos
I'm talking about breaks, slow/easy sections, etc. Do you fill in the blank spots with some of your own beats? Also, do you use the yellow roll notes for points, or extra improvisation? Just curious.
G0r
I sort of do this in Osu mode. XD
Luna
Yes, I improvise
It's responsible for ~70% of my misses :c
NeoRainier

Mithost wrote:

I'm talking about breaks, slow/easy sections, etc. Do you fill in the blank spots with some of your own beats? Also, do you use the yellow roll notes for points, or extra improvisation? Just curious.
I do pratically every thing you said there xD, just check some of my recent replays (<6 months)
those
All the time.
Mafiamaster
No.
winber1
I improvise no matter what part of the map I'm playing
KinomiCandy

Mithost wrote:

The whole thing.
Topic Starter
Mithos
Glad I'm not the only one. If real taikos were not $1000+ to buy, I would get one. I'm already a percussionist as a hobby, and I really want onee
Joof

G0r wrote:

I sort of do this in osu mode. XD
I do this.

Although there are no hit sounds >: . But in Taiko, when I do play, yeah I improvise even though I'm crap at taiko. c: .
Topic Starter
Mithos
I wish there was a little hitsound for left/right clicks in standard mode. Just tiny little ticks would suffice, but meh.
XK2238

Mithost wrote:

^ this, and I do intros sometimes
hipster3000
yeah I do this whenever I can, and I try to make the rolls better than dddddddddd if the map's not too hard or anything
also during breaks in osu, i just tap z/x in time with the song sometimes.
Azure_Kite

Luna wrote:

Yes, I improvise
It's responsible for ~70% of my misses :c
MMzz
Yeah lol.
karterfreak
The better question is which taiko players DON'T improvise at slow parts / breaks / anywhere they feel like it. lol.
Yuzeyun
I improvise

97% of the time it's a saitama pattern lel
Big and Busty
d k ddk d ddk d dkkd k ddk~