forum

[resolved] Beatmaps at 0 stars Difficulty/Star rating bug

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DokiPon
Hello everyone!

I've been having problems with my beatmaps for a while now. A lot of them say that they're at 0 stars which is obviously a bug. It somewhere started around when the Star rating update happened. Every time I open osu! it shows a notification saying that my beatmap difficulties are being processed. But It's been showing me that for months now and I don't think it's doing anything.
I've tried letting osu! rebuild my osu!.db file which only temporarily solves the problem. I'm also currently running the latest osu! beta version (Beta 20190511.2).
I can't find any recent posts regarding this bug as well.

Here is a video showing the bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKeT9z5ZhR4&feature=youtu.be

In the video I'm setting the star rating range to 10+ which then shows me all bugged maps.
Of course I still have maps that work.

If anyone can give me a permanent fix then that would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Death
Find a good chunk of time to leave your game open on the beatmap selection screen and do that. Depending on how many maps still need to calculate it could take a decent amount of time.

You can check the progress of this from time to time by grouping your beatmaps by difficulty, there will either be a ton of maps in the "Not yet calculated" or "Below 1 star" group. You will need to change your grouping to something else and then back to "By Difficulty" to get that number to update though, so keep that in mind.
Topic Starter
DokiPon
That worked! Thanks a lot.
EarthTwister
Mine i think is broken for some reason that idk like it shows how many stars like for example 3 stars but when i play it its not like the gameplay before. The song is supposed to be fast but when i played it after the update it became slow and i wonder why. Please inform or send me a feedback as soon as posssible or sooner than later for it will ruin my game experience. I've been playing for quite a long time and i update my game as usual but never experienced something like this. Thank you and have a happy new 2020 year :D I also did not use any mods.
DetailedIR
is there a way fixing this? bc its been days figuring out how to fix this bug... i keep leaving and opening osu! a lot recently. pls help
Death

DetailedIR wrote:

is there a way fixing this? bc its been days figuring out how to fix this bug... i keep leaving and opening osu! a lot recently. pls help
Make sure the game is being left open on the beatmap selection screen.

If it's taking an excessively long amount of time to finish, it's possible you have a broken map that is preventing things from being calculated. Open your osu! install folder and inside the Logs folder there is a "runtime.log" file that should contain the IDs of the beatmaps that are currently having their difficulty calculated. That may help you find which one is causing issues.
DetailedIR
Wow it worked! thanks a million man!
Communified
Same problem but not sure how to fix. I download beatmaps frequently and sometimes their difficulties calculate perfectly fine and other times all the difficulties are labeled as 0 star. It's weird because the only way I've found to fix it oddly enough is to select the map in multiplayer and then it calculates difficulty... given only for that difficulty and not the entire mapset, but it still calculates it once I select it in multiplayer, or if someone else does. There's a repair osu! executable in the files and I tried that but it's only brief and doesn't fix anything, and I've tried the in-game repair folder option and that's brief too.. doesn't fix anything. How did they do it?
Melomanic
ive been having a problem with beatmapsets/1982603#mania/4117411 as before i submited it the beatmap and only this beatmap had been shown as difficulty 0 i dont think its the same problem becuase the local difficulty is just fine its just for me and also when i redownload it the beatmap still has the problem idk how to fix it edited-(nvm its the same problem i wonder why osu hasnt fixed this if it has been here for 4 years.) edited later-(the 0s stoped appearing after 3 hours but now its either a bit above what it should be or a bit below what it should be sometimes so insingificant that its below 0.1 in diffrence and therefore wont show)
TrueHDVision

Communified wrote:

Same problem but not sure how to fix. I download beatmaps frequently and sometimes their difficulties calculate perfectly fine and other times all the difficulties are labeled as 0 star. It's weird because the only way I've found to fix it oddly enough is to select the map in multiplayer and then it calculates difficulty... given only for that difficulty and not the entire mapset, but it still calculates it once I select it in multiplayer, or if someone else does. There's a repair osu! executable in the files and I tried that but it's only brief and doesn't fix anything, and I've tried the in-game repair folder option and that's brief too.. doesn't fix anything. How did they do it?
I literally have the same problem right now what is happening
Indomi-chan

TrueHDVision wrote:

Communified wrote:

I literally have the same problem right now what is happening
home/changelog/stable40/20231217.1

local SR is removed and it needs some time to update your maps to the web star rating. i also have this problem tho because the 0* won't update to the web star rating for some reason

another important thing to note: necroposting threads sometimes aren't worth it, make a new thread instead in the Help forum