forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Fabi

Nofool wrote:

Fabi wrote:

Looking for something similar to Code Geass or Death Note. Any suggestions?
try Kakumeiki Valvrave ? don't give up after the first episodes, the story really becomes serious later. I really enjoyed this one and thought 'bout code geass, and ofc mecha/revolution/student etc
No idea for death note ;_; it was just too good and different...

edit: btw I just noticed someone mentioned it before ^
I watched the first season and I just didn't like it at all. It was so derp in my opinion :(.
Nofool

Fabi wrote:

I watched the first season and I just didn't like it at all. It was so derp in my opinion :(.
i found it a bit boring too, the second one is much better imo, just like code geass to be honest... I found code geass amazing mostly for its end x_x
Kurogamii
KakuValve is a bit boring in the first season, but pretty good at the second season
Luna

Fabi wrote:

If you are looking for anime with mind games and psychological battles: One Outs, Monster, Akagi
Athrun
Can someone help me find some harem??

I also want to find some rom coms too
Fabi

Luna wrote:

Fabi wrote:

If you are looking for anime with mind games and psychological battles: One Outs, Monster, Akagi
Really liked One Outs, someone in this thread recommended it to me before. Gooing to check Monster and Akagi, thanks.
Justykanna

Mogsworth wrote:

Well that was the tipping point I needed to finally check out 00 (Yun Kouga designs also intrigued me).

Unfortunately I couldn't get past episode 10 of Valvrave. :c Maybe someday, but yeah.
Hope you like it!

Kurogamii wrote:

KakuValve is a bit boring in the first season, but pretty good at the second season
I'd tend to agree, though I didn't mind season one a whole lot, lol. Second was definitely better.
kirueggy

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

You want harem? Watch infinite stratos.
Athrun

kirukashi wrote:

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

You want harem? Watch infinite stratos.
Finished it a long time ago. Both Seasons 1 and 2.
Revy-
got no money
gretay
any recommendation for full comedy anime? more like Nourin or the others it's ok if it has a little action / other but a lot of comedy
Filthy Casual
Only anime I've ever watched is Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged series (if this even counts). Might as well watch something but I have no idea where to start. I would prefer something in English because reading subtitles annoys me :|
Top Bunk

gretay wrote:

any recommendation for full comedy anime? more like Nourin or the others it's ok if it has a little action / other but a lot of comedy
Daily Lives of High School Boys and Nichijou are both big comedy animes that I's highly recommend. Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is pretty grand as well. And then there's Non Non Biyori, though it's rather slow paced compared to the others, it has plenty of humorous moments.

Filthy Casual wrote:

Only anime I've ever watched is Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged series (if this even counts). Might as well watch something but I have no idea where to start. I would prefer something in English because reading subtitles annoys me :|
Suggesting an anime to someone who hasn't seen anything before except what you mentioned (which I'd hardly even count an abridged series) is rather difficult. Starting off with more mainstream anime, possibly some oldies might be a good idea, to get the gist of what you're looking to see. Could also base your genre interests off of other things, like books or movies you like to watch. Which might be easier to go with. So I can't think any specific suggestions to really give right now.
wzz_old

gretay wrote:

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou,Senyuu and Teekyuu. They're S rank hilarious.
gretay
i've watched Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and Nichijou and Non Non Biyori but i'll see Senyuu and Teekyuu and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Thanks
Kurogamii

gretay wrote:

seitokai yakuindomo if you want some adult comedy
well, angel beats sometimes have good comedy
noucome too
KinkiN
Comedy?

real comedy = Gintama. bags of laughs , Much feels , such actions. what else did you need-
piruchan

Yuzuru wrote:

Comedy?

real comedy = Gintama. bags of laughs , Much feels , such actions. what else did you need-
Not real comedy, but Noucome and D-Frag! are good laugh.
gretay
ii've watced noucome , D-Frags , Seitokai Yakuindomo , Angel Beats too , how about sora no otoshimono? is it contain some comedy? or watamote?
Kurogamii
ye, SnO have contain some comedy, but beware of NSFW
watamote is shit (in my opinion)
more: sakurasou no pet na kanojo
Im so mad bro
Angel Beats had some parts that made me laugh out loud (in class): watching anime in french class ftw :D. Yakitate! Japan is one that some find stupid but gave me a few laughs.
On another note, any VRMMO animes? Already got SAO, Log Horizon, .hack. Even stuff like No Game No Life or Btooom! is cool, any game themed animes I guess (death games included). Already have Mirai Nikki btw :p
Yato-_old
I've watched so many anime spring, but mostly i recommend Mahouka Kokou no Rettousei 8-)
Revy-
So im searching for a Ecchi/Harem/Romance anime like for an example oniichan no koto nanka zenzen suki janain dakara ne. Really loved that anime. It can be any anime with that genre. And with Crimson (red haired) girls or silver haired.
DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT SUGGESTING HIGHSCHOOL DXD
already watched it
Cocaine dog
I'm looking for something like either fullmetal alchemist, codegeass/death note, btooom or theworldgodonlyknows..
I am kinda new to the forums, so if you guys don't mind sending me a message of the reply or add me and send me ingame message that would be awesome.. since I might not find the replay you guys gave me, if it doesnt show up as a notification I can just click on that is..

(Already watched Btooom, TheWorldGodOnlyKnows(all), Steins;gate, CodeGeass, SwordArtOnline, Mirai Nikki,Fullmetal alchemist, Death Note, Naruto Shippuden(watching),Durarara(watching) )
kagaminelenz
@OsuAzpey
Try to watch Yosuga no Sora.
It have Ecchi / Harem / Romance with silver haired girl. There is twincest in there, hope you enjoy it :3

@Cocaine dog
It's kinda hard if you aren't tell the genre, but I think you will enjoy:
- No Game No Life
- Another
extrav_old
Can someone recommend me an anime like - Pet girl of sakurasou, Koi to senkyo to chocolate, Chuunibiyou, Nisekoi, Nagi no asukara, Sankarea, and Ano natsu de matteru.

It must have good graphics and ok character designs and stuff like that. I'm very picky of my anime.

I prefer for the genres to be - Slice of Life, Romance Comedy, Romance, and Drama.

NO- YURI OR YAOI :(

thnx
lunarblue
this anime will be great soon at summer :D
piruchan

extrav wrote:

Can someone recommend me an anime like - Pet girl of sakurasou, Koi to senkyo to chocolate, Chuunibiyou, Nisekoi, Nagi no asukara, Sankarea, and Ano natsu de matteru.

It must have good graphics and ok character designs and stuff like that. I'm very picky of my anime.

I prefer for the genres to be - Slice of Life, Romance Comedy, Romance, and Drama.

NO- YURI OR YAOI :(

thnx
Try Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, it's still on-going but it has that same feel as Sakurasou.
kirueggy

lunarblue wrote:

hope you're joking
DX5536

lunarblue wrote:

I'm not really a fan of yaoi boku no pico, but i really want to watch DRAMAtical murder

And any good parody animes? Like Binbougami ga, Nyaruko, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. And no Gintama pls, i know that it's good but it's too long.
lunarblue

kirukashi wrote:

lunarblue wrote:

hope you're joking
no.. im not joking,.. for fujoshi only of course ( Fudanshi also )

another upcoming shonen ai on summer anime is Love stage..

i luv the comedy
Kurogamii

lunarblue wrote:

i luv the comedy
but most of us hate the gay things
lunarblue

Kurogamii wrote:

lunarblue wrote:

i luv the comedy
but most of us hate the gay things
itz bout luv.. how about lesbian things?
Kurogamii
I'm not very interested in homosexual relationship
someone pls change the topic here
lunarblue

Kurogamii wrote:

i'll change it

... so... any recommendation anime mahou/magic / supernatural? ?
dont suggest anime like witch craft works.... magic + comedy+ harem , that make me sick
Kurogamii
actually WCW isn't harem

hmm... i have so many anime with supernatural genre
lemme check it first
Mackie

lunarblue wrote:

Kurogamii wrote:

i'll change it

... so... any recommendation anime mahou/magic / supernatural? ?
dont suggest anime like witch craft works.... magic + comedy+ harem , that make me sick
The irregular at magic high school
Mahou Sensou
Madoka
Zetsuen No Tempest } all these my favez
Brynhildr
Beyond the boundary
kagaminelenz

JapanesePeople wrote:

The irregular at magic high school
Mahou Sensou
Madoka
Zetsuen No Tempest } all these my favez
Brynhildr
Beyond the boundary
I heard Mahou Sensou is so bad
a lot of people dropped it and dissapointed with Mahou Sensou and the producer admit it themselves.

IMO, the others are good
especially with Madoka and Kyoukai no Kanata
hersa37
You have to be sinister in order to give Mahou Sensou to someone else after seeing that hell of an ending

Sasami-san@ganbaranai's quite refreshing to watch
Kurogamii

hersa37 wrote:

You have to be sinister in order to give Mahou Sensou to someone else after seeing that hell of an ending

Sasami-san@ganbaranai's quite refreshing to watch
except for people who don't like shaft works
show more