forum

Reuploading Graveyarded Beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cc99X_YT
So I've been looking through the forums for a while but I don't think I found anything about something or anything similar to this, well I might be blind so EXCUSE ME.

Anyway, back to the point, could one re-upload a graveyarded beatmap of the same title, difficulty... Basically uploading the same beatmap again. In fact, I want to ask if it is possible to upload someone else's beatmap which had been graveyarded, with credit to the original uploader and the ones who have worked on it, since I'm sure some players would want to have some of their favorite graveyard beatmaps be ranked and compete and stuff...

So yeah, that's my question... I'm asking this for me and everyone else who wants to ask this question because anyone who's asking this is probably planning to upload a graveyarded map.

Thanks for taking your time to read my topic/post.
dennischan
As far as I know, it is only allowed to upload someone else's beatmap if you have permission from them, and credit them correctly according to the ranking criteria. Otherwise, your upload can be deleted if the GMT, QAT, or staff finds out. You may also be penalized if you do this often.

Also, you must map at least the same difficulties as the original map owner if you want to rank their set. For example, if the map that you are uploading has 4 difficulties, you need to map 4 difficulties yourself. You must also look for mods and make sure the whole set reaches rankable quality.

osu! rules wrote:

Do not plagiarise or attempt to steal the work of others. Do not also upload or use other people's work without their explicit permission (including, but not limited to, skins and guest difficulties).

Ranking Criteria wrote:

A beatmapset host must have beatmapped equal or more difficulties than any guest difficulty beatmap creator.