forum

[resolved] Osu Opening on Monitor 2 (with a blank copy on Monitor 1)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adhorrible
Ok this is confusing and I can't get a screenshot of it because it doesn't register it's happening in the screenshot.

Osu! opens on Monitor 2, but a black screen also opens on Monitor 1 (Main monitor). The black screen has the ppy in the bottom left corner, and the buttons to adjust music in the top right.

I tried using Shift+Win+Right arrow to move Monitor 2 over to Monitor 1, but when I do that, it leaves the screen behind, while moving the game to Monitor 1. So now I have Osu running on Monitor 1, but with a frozen Osu fullscreen main page on Monitor 2. In addition, I can't play on Monitor 1, because since has started, it doesn't register the tablet on monitor 1.

If I start a song or something, the same blank/frozen screen remains. If I alt tab out and in, it copies it to whatever the other monitor is showing when it reopens. I'm not having any similar problem in any other game

I can run it in windowed mode, or I can run it in compatibility mode + fullscreen, but these are both very laggy and I can't play properly like this. I'm pretty sure I JUST downloaded the update yesterday, and it was working fine, no idea what's changed, but does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Edit: Ohhh man lol. 'uninstalled' and reinstalled and the problem persists. Crap.
Edit2: Huh, well I rolled back my video driver, which apparently got installed earlier, and now it's fine. 2500 beatmaps gone though rofl. Oh well. Was going to the newest Nvidia driver that did it, in case anyone else runs into this lol.

osu! version: Stable 20190410 (latest)
ThePhoBoi
I am also having the same problem. Starting happening when after I plugged in my tablet.
mihari
This thread had your issue as a discussion topic, however there apparently is a fix. I'll list off a few more things that may work.

In your osu! folder there should be a file called osu!.<windows username>.cfg
There is a line that says "display" and it should be set to 2.
Set that to 1, save it and start osu!.
The game should now open on your first monitor.

Hold and press windows + shift + left/right arrow key to move your osu! window across your screens.

Go into windowed mode and move your osu! window to the desired screen. Once there, enable fullscreen again.
Paradyzfr
no one of these solutions working..