forum

[Archived] Keyboard clicks not registering! (Guys don't scroll past actually help please)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RGN3
Problem details:Clicks on keyboard sometimes don't register
It isn't my keyboard as I bought a new one to try and fix the problem today, but it still hasn't worked. If i click mouse only I hit every note but if I try to tap it with keyboard it doesn't work. Help! Also I have a video of it but for some reason I don't know how to put videos into this. If someone could tell me I could provide proof! Edit: I uploaded it to youtube , here is the link to my problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95AmiRLKmg&feature=youtu.be . Someone please help and fast, i'm actually close to quitting which is a shame because osu! is my favourite game! Edit: More proof: https://youtu.be/ToqTmA_0b-g

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190410 (latest)
Karasian
NoOffense, but you are not hitting them right. At least in the video, your timing just wasn't right. You were overreading (clicking to soon) and you read the pattern not right, try a lower difficulty first. Practice more with keyboard and you'll get the hang of it!
Topic Starter
RGN3

timtheshock wrote:

NoOffense, but you are not hitting them right. At least in the video, your timing just wasn't right. You were overreading (clicking to soon) and you read the pattern not right, try a lower difficulty first. Practice more with keyboard and you'll get the hang of it!

I will make another video where I hit them perfectly, wait there
Death
In pretty much every example in your video, every time you miss you are either completely miss aiming the note, not tapping at all, or tapping way too early. This is exactly what timtheshock said, and it's still completely valid, even with your new examples.

In the few cases where you weren't tapping at all, no one here will be able to tell whether or not your keyboard didn't register or you simply didn't tap at all (which is entirely possible, and more likely) because we don't have a video of you actually tapping your keyboard. If you do think your keyboard isn't registering occasionally, you might want to try a different USB port or something. If everything you are trying isn't working, it could very well just be you...
Topic Starter
RGN3

Death wrote:

In pretty much every example in your video, every time you miss you are either completely miss aiming the note, not tapping at all, or tapping way too early. This is exactly what timtheshock said, and it's still completely valid, even with your new examples.

In the few cases where you weren't tapping at all, no one here will be able to tell whether or not your keyboard didn't register or you simply didn't tap at all (which is entirely possible, and more likely) because we don't have a video of you actually tapping your keyboard. If you do think your keyboard isn't registering occasionally, you might want to try a different USB port or something. If everything you are trying isn't working, it could very well just be you...
even if i was tapping too early I would still get 50 points, therefore they just are not registering at all. It doesnt matter anymore I dont think you guys understand what I mean. Please delete this thread I am just going to have to quit osu. Good luck.
beep-

you're clicking the notes too early, when you do the notes either shakes(way too early), you get a 'X'(too early), or you get a 50(passable, but still early). at 1:04 on your second proof, notice the number 9 note shaking when you click it? that means that your keyboard registers but you're pressing them way too early.
mihari
How to spot a notelock

Death

RGN3 wrote:

even if i was tapping too early I would still get 50 points, therefore they just are not registering at all. It doesnt matter anymore I dont think you guys understand what I mean. Please delete this thread I am just going to have to quit osu. Good luck.
If you tap significantly early the note shakes, like in the gif KSN posted. You won't even get 50 points.

We are simply making observations based on the videos your provided because there is nothing else to go off of. If you want to quit osu! because of this, that's up to you. But I think you are making a decision based on something you haven't quite taken the time to understand. Whatever the case, that's your choice.
Topic Starter
RGN3

Death wrote:

RGN3 wrote:

If you tap significantly early the note shakes, like in the gif KSN posted. You won't even get 50 points.

We are simply making observations based on the videos your provided because there is nothing else to go off of. If you want to quit osu! because of this, that's up to you. But I think you are making a decision based on something you haven't quite taken the time to understand. Whatever the case, that's your choice.

There is an important feature you are forgetting about though, the timing bar at the bottom. Even when the notes don't register the timing bar says it is perfect timing, please help me fix this, I have been trying everything since I last posted here.
Ayayano

RGN3 wrote:

Death wrote:

RGN3 wrote:

There is an important feature you are forgetting about though, the timing bar at the bottom. Even when the notes don't register the timing bar says it is perfect timing, please help me fix this, I have been trying everything since I last posted here.

Thats not how the timing bar works I think, I believe if you dont tap or miss completely it wont show up on the timing bar, sorry if my answer is not correct feel free to provide a better response someone.
Topic Starter
RGN3

TheArcMageYT wrote:

RGN3 wrote:

Death wrote:

RGN3 wrote:

Thats not how the timing bar works I think, I believe if you dont tap or miss completely it wont show up on the timing bar, sorry if my answer is not correct feel free to provide a better response someone.
Its fine I just made a rough guess about how it worked too. I am seriously concinced it isn't my timing though, I can ss these maps easily mouse only, I think its a problem with my Pc. I have tried with 3 different keyboards, one of them I just bought last week!
Ayayano
I can understand that it is concerning, I would be too, but do understand that using mouse clicks and syncing keyboard taps with mouse movement are very different at first, at least it was for me. Just do as others suggested, play easier maps and focus on the taps more. I doubt its the keyboards, but it could be your pc.
xenal
Accept the facts. You are WAY too early or WAY too late, thus causing a notelock and never reset it until next slider. It's not a problem with your pc or anything. Work on synchronizing your hands. In the first video you sent, you click while in between circle 2 and 3, missing both completly, clearly your left hand isn't used to it.
Topic Starter
RGN3

xenal wrote:

Accept the facts. You are WAY too early or WAY too late, thus causing a notelock and never reset it until next slider. It's not a problem with your pc or anything. Work on synchronizing your hands. In the first video you sent, you click while in between circle 2 and 3, missing both completly, clearly your left hand isn't used to it.

I will try, is it really that hard to get used to it?
mihari

RGN3 wrote:

Depends on your technique and how long your sessions are / how frequent you play, as well as your mind.
Start out slow and work your way up.
Topic Starter
RGN3

KSN wrote:

RGN3 wrote:

Depends on your technique and how long your sessions are / how frequent you play, as well as your mind.
Start out slow and work your way up.
Ok, what I am going to try is matching my keyboard taps with my mouse, and slowly moving off of it. I hope this works!