forum

Fun Spoiler Settings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Just noticed that today. When you fail (and pause the song maybe), and move your cursor to the left of the screen, that appears.
karterfreak
It was implemented in the last patch by ppy. I'm kinda surprised he actually allowed people to disable storyboards after being so adamant about it before, but at least he did it in a way that makes you play with the storyboard at least once (Win / Win for both mapper and player).
RaneFire
Will the settings used during a play ever be recorded into replay data? The same way NoVideo mod is/was (I dunno if it is anymore, is it?)

Only a concern at release of osz2 though. Just wondering if it will be, will satisfy my interest on what settings a player changed, dunno if anyone else feels the same way. (Probably not)
Floks
I laughed when I realized he means spoiling the fun. I was thinking spoilers? What spoilers?
Shiirn
because peppy can't possibly conceive people disliking his game as a perfect entity and a creation deemed worthy by the lords themselves

i.e. how dare you want to remove storyboards to play HIS game, he WANTS storyboards! how dare thee.

(and he whines about me being petty)
JappyBabes
That moment when he doesn't play the game.
Wishy
This is actually great!

Still prefer the actual system where I can just set any BG I want (many people using grey BGs and shit).
thelewa

Wishy22 wrote:

This is actually great!

Still prefer the actual system where I can just set any BG I want (many people using grey BGs and shit).
Well this is still so much better than having no toggle :D
sCam
This is great. I stopped playing with pics after 3 months, but i always wanted a way to keep them and not get distracted by them. I never remembered playing with pics was this hard before though D:
D33d

Shiirn wrote:

because peppy can't possibly conceive people disliking his game as a perfect entity and a creation deemed worthy by the lords themselves

i.e. how dare you want to remove storyboards to play HIS game, he WANTS storyboards! how dare thee.

Storyboards are kind of a significant part of maps which include them and many of them took a lot of effort to create. It's only fair that the player at least tries to play with a storyboard first.

Also, nice underhanded counter-petulance there. REAL SMOOTH.
Tanzklaue
the background dimmer really really helps, because the contrast is so much higher with only a slightly darker background :o
never trhought it would be that huge of a difference, I like it ^^

SB-toggle is also good, though I didn't used it yet.
Skin-toggle is maybe the hugest thing out of them, because in combination with background dimming, you can now play every map without getting distracted by custom skins.
and the hitsound toggle... ok, why is that here? o.o
Ekaru
I enjoy being able to set the dimness at about 70% - still bright enough to see the pic clearly, but dark enough to not get in the way.
Natteke

Shiirn wrote:

YodaSnipe

Natteke wrote:

this guy XD
Shiirn

D33d wrote:

Storyboards are kind of a significant part of maps which include them and many of them took a lot of effort to create. It's only fair that the player at least tries to play with a storyboard first.

Also, nice underhanded counter-petulance there. REAL SMOOTH.
I think we can all agree that one of my most endearing attributes is my subtlety.
JappyBabes

Natteke wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

This.

D33d wrote:

Storyboards are kind of a significant part of maps which include them and many of them took a lot of effort to create.
It seems that I don't care how much effort was put in to making animated backgrounds that are pointless and inefficient.

D33d wrote:

It's only fair that the player at least tries to play with a storyboard first.
Why haven't you played every map once through? By your lack of logic, if they took effort to make it, every player should play it and appreciate it.
G0r

JappyBabes wrote:

It seems that I don't care how much effort was put in to making animated backgrounds that are pointless and inefficient.
It takes a lot of effort to run a race, but no one cares when the guy is running the wrong way.