forum

When Is It Time To Change DPI

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
G0r
I've been playing at 800 DPI for a long time now. I can play decently fast, but I want to be faster, so test my limits constantly. I top out my DT play at about 210 BPM right now, and I suppose that's the same for playing without DT, but I guess I could go higher on regular Osu mode. The problem is that I am a hybrid player, so I click my mouse, and I am finding that the strain on my arm when I have to move at high speeds is really troublesome. I am half thinking that eventually my muscles will get used to it, because they always do get used to anything that I throw at them, but I don't want to put unnecessary strain on my hand, wrist, and arm either. The worst thing about changing DPI now would be simply that it'd take months to get accurate again. 800 isn't a crazy high DPI, but would you guys say that it is a good idea to go lower than that for more comfort, or is it ultimately not going to help?
Rena-chan
It's ultimately not going to help.
RaneFire
I only set my DPI down because my two mouse clicking fingers kept getting confused at higher DPI (I guess because fingers are subconsciously used a bit for controlling the cursor).

If you're only using 1 finger on mouse most of the time or if you stream with the keyboard only, or something like that... then changing your DPI won't help much, you may just feel more comfortable, and comfort is important for consistency, but it's not gonna help your 210+ BPM dilemma.
Topic Starter
G0r
I click with just one finger on the mouse. I alternate on streams and some fast clicking singles. So, basically I'm a semi alternating click/x player.
Frizz
Changing sensitivity will mess up your muscle memory. If you find changing your dpi will give you better comfortability or makes you play better then do it.
ziin

Frizz925 wrote:

Changing sensitivity will mess up your muscle memory.
Not by much
winber1
I've found that the better you are at osu! the easier it is to change sensitivities, tho it is still a hassle to change your sensitivity. For mouse and tablet, I just immediately adjust in a few plays, but I probably won't really reach my full potential in a few days or so or more. I guess only if I change my sensitivty to like some insane amount then that might mess me up. Anyways, generally speaking, just play the game, if you seriously think lowering it/raising sensitivity, DPI, or what not, will help, then just do it and play osu! using that setting without changing it.

Many people are always like bigger tablet areas are better, but I'm like fk that I play how I want to and so I stick to my relatively small area. Pretty much any sort of sensitivity can be mastered.

And to answer your original question, it ultimately probably will not really change anything, but don't think that just because you are not as good as other people that you need to do something like this.