forum

osu! iPad transport - Turns your iPad into osu tablet!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
bagnz0r

Dasiel wrote:

This will have a huge input lag, why do you even bother? Try using Syngery and play osu! on the other PC over the network and you will see that the input lag becomes a huge problem on insane difficulties.
Lol, something like this is obvious. Synergy isn't optimized for gaming.
I'm confident I can reduce latency to ~25ms and try to compensate for it.
(I only need to send up to 9 bytes of data per touch)

If not, I'll tunnel this for jailbreak users via USB.

Also:
mm201
Misao
^ you gotta pay £9.99 for the app on the ipad though :<
Shohei Ohtani
Make this for iPod Touch too ouo
dkun

mm201 wrote:

http://avatron.com/apps/air-display/ ???
tried this out personally.

the delay is still horrid.
Icyteru

mm201 wrote:

fps is at like 10...
Topic Starter
bagnz0r

[AirCoN] wrote:

mm201 wrote:

fps is at like 10...
If not 1. Lol.
These guys don't know what motion estimation is. They just stream pure frames.
Another thing is that they want to reduce resource usage, so something higher than 5-10fps isn't possible.
For 60fps I have to capture frames every 0.01s. Here on my config CPU usage doesn't go higher than 35% and memory usage doesn't go higher than 100 MB, but I have relatively high-end rig.
Dasiel_old
Anyway, what resolution are you testing it on? Not everyone play on the same resolution and it can make difference, if I play on 2560x1440 and you test it on something like 1024x768 because there's a huge difference between transfer bandwith etc.
ztrot

bagnz0r wrote:

Dasiel wrote:

This will have a huge input lag, why do you even bother? Try using Syngery and play osu! on the other PC over the network and you will see that the input lag becomes a huge problem on insane difficulties.
Lol, something like this is obvious. Synergy isn't optimized for gaming.
I'm confident I can reduce latency to ~25ms and try to compensate for it.
(I only need to send up to 9 bytes of data per touch)

If not, I'll tunnel this for jailbreak users via USB.

Also:
if you tunnel via usb I will love you
dkun
so, progress on this?

good idea, fwiw
ztrot
Doesn't seem like he is gonna follow through or he just hasn't made any sort of progress really a shame.
Ephemeral
at least github the source so someone else can finish it if you're too lazy
ztrot
A reply to let us know your still interested in this or not would be nice.
Espionage724

ztrot wrote:

if you tunnel via usb I will love you
This would be pretty sweet, but if I understand correctly, this would probably require kernel or OS modification to make the port on the iPad function like this?

I was interested in a program like this, for Android, that would use the USB, but the port on the tablet itself, by default, has very limited possibilities as to what it can do (some devices can do USB Mass Media, and service mode to flash firmware, Samsung devices can do KIES, etc).

Android 2.2+ has support for USB devices (I think), but in order for this to be possible, the kernel (and possibly USB drivers) will have to be modified to reflect this, and a proper adapter/cable would have to be made. This also in some cases requires the manufacturer of the device to give out the source for that particular device, or another similar device.

I don't know how Apple's port on iOS devices work, but if I had to guess, it is probably limited to USB Mass Storage only when communicating with a computer, and nothing more advanced then that.
ztrot
Yeah I know of how it could be done but there is like no updates from bag about anything I clearly think he is either not going to bother or something
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Well, I have some primitive iOS client already.
Still no touch support.

I'm not dropping this, I'm busy with work every now and then.
laport
keep up the good work I guess (good work is work on this, bad work is your work every now and then that keeps you busy from doing good work, good. work!)
palion
why not open source it
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Because I am going to use my high performance streaming method in commercial products as well.
kindut
nice ;)
i've been searching on how to play osu! in my ipad while i can't put beatmaps to the cydia osu!.
keep it up :)
Jalatiphra
give me source i wanna play around with it.

this seems like a great idea, especially the usb part of it.
Mr Gaddy
@Jalatiphra

palion wrote:

why not open source it

bagnz0r wrote:

Because I am going to use my high performance streaming method in commercial products as well.
H_Hitachiin
Now that's awesome.
*Runs to Apple store*
Espionage724
Icyteru
It's been a while, progress? Also, I think OPs account got deactivated lol