forum

Bullet-hell game reccomendations

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
masterofadam
I really like Bullet-hell games but the only games that have this genre tag on steam are Cuphead and Enter the Gungeon. Can you guys direct me to some good alternatives? Thanks!
latiasred

masterofadam wrote:

I really like Bullet-hell games but the only games that have this genre tag on steam are Cuphead and Enter the Gungeon. Can you guys direct me to some good alternatives? Thanks!

obviously a very popular game like this is the touhou project - a few of their games are on steam and others are available for free on a website like moriyashrine (this is allowed unless you are in japan)

i suppose thats a recommendation - though its main attraction appears to be its music it's still a fun bullet hell game
EnemyFatal
I reccomend Deathsmiles: I used to play it with my 360 but you can find it on Steam as well. It's a bit dated though.
Gustavo_8844
I reccomend the Touhou series. .Its a very fun Bullet-hell game. Also there is a bullet-hell rhythm game called Just Shapes and Beats,its pretty cool tho.
OMeGadoGGo
Enter the Gungeon is a nice Bullet-hell game. When it's on sale on steam, you can get it for $5. Although it's not very musical like Touhou is, but I think it's a pretty nice game.
vinnicci
i like Bullet Heaven 2, the challenges are customizable.
JBHyperion
Everyone will suggest Touhou because it's Touhou and Touhou is great, but here's some non-Touhou if you've already Touhou'd enough Touhou.

Jigoku Kisetsukan - free on Steam, has 6 playable characters with different shot types and play styles, cool pixel graphics and a groovin 8bit soundtrack including our very own Featured Artist LukHash (who is very cool btw).

Hurricane of the Varstray - ludicrous sci-fi story that makes no sense but character interactions are really cool, music is badass, ships are somewhat customisable and your have a super / special that literally turns them into a freakin black hole for a short period of time. Also you get 12 stages instead of the usual 5-6 which is nice.

REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR - Has a unique perspective / camera rotating mechanic which allows you to line up better shots, target hidden enemies and weave out of inescapable situations. Great if you're looking for something completely different in the bullet-hell genre.
worst fl player
QP Shooting (Dangerous) is quite fun, also if you play 100% orange juice you get a DLC character.
MinhChiz
Just Shapes And Beats seems fun although you are just avoiding projectiles without shooting
Rashod
Realm of the Mad God

Bullet Hell + MMO
TakumiBoi
BootlegMegaboss
Gundemonium Recollection was pretty cool and it's also on Steam.
Shadow Legend
what about bullet heaven and bullet heaven 2? or akai katana :)
epic man 2
Just Shapes And Beats.

Come on, the OST for the game is good and I already S ranked everything.