forum

[invalid] Skin was lost, want to retrieve it but don't remember name

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VTorch
Problem details:
Hello
Recently my hard disc crashed. All my beatmaps and a skin I really liked was lost along with it. I don't really mind losing the thousand beatmaps I had there, But I had become so accustomed to that skin that I now have a hard time playing osu without it. Is there any way to recover that skin? The only specifics I remember of that skin is that after finishing a beatmap this song (ななひら (Nanahira) - ベィスドロップ・フリークス (Bassdrop Freaks) osu skin) would play. There are no screenshots where I am playing with that skin as far as I can recall. Any kind of help will be really appreciated.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190410 (latest)
Flanster
Recoverable by technical means no, your files are not backed up anywhere online so the only copy was on your harddisk. Depending on your drive's failure data retrieval may be still possible but only by professional data recovery companies which cost a ton. So I'm afraid your only chance of finding it is that subtle hint you provided. This is a time where you should consider keeping backups of your files incase of incidents like this, no drive will live forever.
Death
That subtle hint doesn't really help either. That applause sound is incredibly popular and could be used in any of the near infinite mixed skins in existence as well as some original skins if I recall correctly.