forum

can i change the caps on this keypad?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kurdog
Rikii
Not sure which switches they are using, but it seems the the keycaps are changeable with cherry compatible ones.

As for o-rings, it is depends on personal taste. You can just buy it for a very cheap price (I got mine for less then 2 euros), try it and keep it if you like it or throw it away if you hate it.

If you only use the numpad for osu, I would recommend checking out the nono keyboard. The switches are hot swappable and its a lot compacter than a numpad.
C15U

Cherry switches - sure, just find out which keycaps profile it uses, otherwise it might not merge with other keycaps (if you want just to replace two of them for example).

O-rings - bad idea. Especially for blue switches, as most of the sound they produce come from the switch itself.
Celine
Any Cherry MX mount type switches (+ shape) fits with any MX mount keycaps a.k.a 99% of the available keycaps, usually non-MX ones states their type anyway (I think only alps keycaps are the ones that's somehow available other than default MX at this point tbh)

And yeah orings can be put on basically any MX mount keycaps, personally not a fan of it, keys feel kinda mushy, might be nice alternative if you don't like the noise/can't be bothered with getting used to high actuation point
Celine

RikiStefano wrote:

Not sure which switches they are using, but it seems the the keycaps are changeable with cherry compatible ones.

As for o-rings, it is depends on personal taste. You can just buy it for a very cheap price (I got mine for less then 2 euros), try it and keep it if you like it or throw it away if you hate it.

If you only use the numpad for osu, I would recommend checking out the nono keyboard. The switches are hot swappable and its a lot compacter than a numpad.
Except nono numpad costs just as much as a normal numpad and with a few extra bucks you could get yourself 60% GMMK keyboard
which is also hotswappable

Also wouldn't recommend blue switches in general for rhythm games, too heavy and requires way too much control to not bottom out
Rikii

Miraculous wrote:

Except nono numpad costs just as much as a normal numpad and with a few extra bucks you could get yourself 60% GMMK keyboard
which is also hotswappable

True. I was lucky to get my nono for 20 euros and what I like about it that it is small that I can carry it alongside with my other keyboard. But yeah, GMMK is also a good investment if you are going for all purpose keyboard.
DXPOHIHIHI
looks similar to my Motospeed k22, and I think from the looks of it the keycaps are changeable.